free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - X-Men: New Mutants (2018) Wolfsbane
View Single Post
Unread 11-06-2017   #9
Sunstrider
Process Fan

Re: X-Men: New Mutants (2018) Wolfsbane

The New Mutants have a girl who is the demon queen of limbo, a werewolf and another girl who can fry people's brains with illusions.
And a big chunk of their history involves fighting stuff like the Demon Bear, S'ym, Belasco, the Hellfire Club and other fantasy/horror elements; as opposed to the average cape villains that the X-Men or the Avengers used to fight.
The horror/psych facility angle, it fits the X-Men movie universe. Given how we've seen shadowy experimentation (Weapon X, those guys in Deadpool, what Shaw was doing in World War 2) and how mutants will end up being hunted down to extinction (as depicted in Logan).

As for Maisie Williams as Wolfsbane, i can only think about threethings:
1. This is not The Howling or Ginger Snaps, and neither is Wolfsbane a giant, hulking werewolf whos transformation includes a ton of rippage and muscle growth. As far as i remember, the character either ranges from something looking like the Wolfman, to a wolf-headed humanoid or just a red wolf.
2. I really hope they go for the wolf-headed humanoid.
3. And this is a PG-13 flick. We'll probably end up stuck with a quick CGI poof transformation like Mystique's or a short, drastic change like Beast in First Class.

Either way, i'm more interested in Magik and how they'll develop her being Colossus' little sister and the demon queen/darkchylde thingy.
Sunstrider is offline   Reply With Quote