free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Race Card TG (Offsite)
View Single Post
Unread 03-05-2011   #26
Snowglare
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroes View Post
No, it's not just a title thing nor a reduction: there's a separate feeling in the change from one race to the other, on more than the sum of the body changes... that "now I'm one of them".

Keep race awareness in history books, we in TG stuff get enough flak without any need for more.
I forgot which side of the argument you were on and was sure you were defending BSB until I reread your earlier post.

I prefer "ethnicity" to "race," but the fact is, it's more likely that language will evolve to the point where the two are synonymous than it is that people will start using a word with twice as many syllables just to be technically accurate. We (those of us who are American) live in a country where inflammable means "not able to catch on fire" and flammable became a word out of thin air. Easy wins.

So-called race changes can be much deeper than a shift in pigmentation and certain other features. They can also, like so many transformations, be nothing but a pretty picture. Both are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshirtboy View Post
Like Sphore said, I called it "Race Card" to play on the idiom of the same name. I thought that was obvious.
It was. Again, the subtleties of language are often set aside for the sake of convenience. In this case, to facilitate an ironic usage of the race card. I believe you're meant to turn into a hot chick now.
Snowglare is offline   Reply With Quote