free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - How Did You Get Into SW
View Single Post
Unread 05-02-2017   #1
SDK
Frequent Poster

How Did You Get Into SW

Hello All,

We've discussed our favorite parts of a shrinking sequence. I thought it might be fun to share how we get into this SW world.

The first time I saw something kinda SW was the wacky music video by The Cars where the singer held that hot model in his hand (granted, she wasnt SW, but still).

Since I was a kid (early to mid 80s), I remember that just about every cartoon had a shrinking theme episode - Punky Brewster, The Chipmunks, Ghostbusters, Ninja Turtles, etc etc. I always felt a certain thrill with those, especially when the shrinking involved female characters.

I remember wstching movies like Honey I Shrunk the Kids and The Incredible Shrinking Woman.

As I got older, I kinda moved on from SW, until I randomly caught a rerun of Lois and Clark on TV. I was flipping around, and saw a tiny woman in a cage. I watched the rest of the episode, and when the (spoiler) villianness is shrunk out of her clothes to nothing, it awoke something in me. Granted, the effect was awful, but the actress played it good.

A few years later, around 2003 I think, I stumbled upon the world of SW on the web. I marveled at the art, and loved reading the great stories, in particular Always Follow the Directions, Laundry Day, and I dont recall the title but there was a two part story where a shrink ray reaks havoc on a group of college coeds.

Then, a few years later, clips from GiantessDreams, Shrinking Dreams, and later Missa and Red Parrot set the SW bar high. Its a pity there dont seem to be as many clips as ususl.

Anyone else?
SDK is offline   Reply With Quote