free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Shrink Fan Content Disappointment
View Single Post
Unread 11-18-2021   #1
Marauder727
Process Fan

Shrink Fan Content Disappointment

Well the title says it all, doesn't it?

Yeah, I'm somewhat disappointed by the recent turn in the content that has appeared on the Shrink Fan Comic site and I'm curious to see what others think.

(Remember, what I'm about to state is my personal opinion. If you disagree, feel free to comment, but please...let's keep it civil).

Magical Mischief - Basically a quick story of two wizard apprentices who fall for a faerie's charms and are transformed / shrunk into faeries themselves. My take? First, it was a disappointment because it wasn't truly Shrinking Woman as it was more of a Transformation comic...which is revealed since it also appears in the Transform Fan site as well. Thus, it wasn't really a Shrink Fan comic as it was simply a cross-over, which thus benefits both the Shrink Fan and Transform site to give content. Overall...I wasn't impressed. Sorry, but it felt like a throw-away issue with a basic premise that had no real plot or story except to say that the two wizard apprentices were gullible idiots, and their instructor should be embarrassed that they didn't bother to instruct their apprentices as to the wiles of faeries before they got it in their minds to try to subdue one.

Trek Through the Microverse: When I saw this title, I was intrigued to see where it would go. However, in the end, it was a disappointment. Why? Simple...in the end, she ended up right back where she started (although it doesn't make sense how she did that) except that she was left as a giantess when the suit dies. There was potential, and it was lost with little more than a panel by panel exposition of her shrinking more and more, until she somehow went full circle, which wasn't explained.

Upcoming Descent: I think others have already said enough about this issue, specifically how the entire roommate being a slob, yet somehow creating the means to shrink his roommate. As was indicated, there was little if any real plot and it left me really not caring what would happen in the next episode.

Tinier Treatment: Now this one was good, I won't deny this. I loved it. Going microscopic and coming back to be short yet still enjoying it. That was a solid and enjoyable two-issue story. Well done.

Undertoe and Lofty Leather: You see, I enjoyed the first two issues of Undertoe, but now...this crossover thing just didn't work for me. It's all I can say.

The Little Things In Life: Honestly...couldn't get into this one. I get it...famous singer wants to be able to let her hair down against the wishes of a controlling manager, but it was missing something.

Observe and Reduce: Cute idea that I felt was mishandled. Honestly, someone is being shrunk and doesn't notice it until they're so small that it smacks them in the face? I'm sorry, but if I found myself shrinking in my chair, I'd be well aware of the fact that my feet were off the floor and my clothes were clearly not fitting properly. Simply viewing the world in larger proportions should have been enough to let her know something was up, but no. Nice attempt, but not the quality I expect from you guys.

Look, I've said this before and I'll say it again...you've (meaning the folks in charge of the Shrink Fan site) have material that has been sitting for months if not years...(Hello? When are we going to get the next installment of the Small Fortune comic? The last installment came out TWO YEARS AGO, and that was the one that got me into this site in the first place! There is a good plot going on, and I want to see where it goes.) Unfortunately, it feels like the top-tier illustrators / writers have all gone on an extended sabbatical and we're left with the minor league (no offense) folks whose ideas for stories are just not up to the level of excellence I came to expect from the site. The next three comics I'm seeing in the pipeline do not fill me with hope that this is changing either.

I know I'm not the only one, but I feel I've got to say...I feel like the level of quality of the comics we're seeing recently are not on the same level as those that first appeared when the Shrink Fan site first began.

Respectfully.

MarauderTDL
Marauder727 is offline   Reply With Quote