The Process Forum - View Single Post - A YouTube upload, tf mentioned before
View Single Post
Unread 01-31-2014   #5
Garnu_Thorn
Adept Mage

Re: A YouTube upload, tf mentioned before

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
A lot of people have said in the past that those idiots watching her transform should have put her in the tub and she'd have lived. But after some more thought on it... wouldn't that have just let her continue to transform completely into a fish monster and kill them all afterward?
People can speculate what they want, as to whether you lose all humanity becoming another creature or you have relative sense of your old self to what you've become and thus afterwards act such. I could write an essay to the factors involving the future mindset of a person after they are not human anymore, but there would be no empirical science behind it as this practice of inducing transformation, either sudden mutation or magical transfigurement is not mainstream. People want proof, and if all basis is on dogma, fanatical to some ala Hollywood verbatim, there is no debate.

In my experience dealing with otherworldly entities, mainly for this case shapeshifters, the person is still that person.

Now take a modern day zombie, real zombie, their original mind remains, but to control his/herself, their body's brain is mush. Not much left of a person after that ordeal.

But to have a working brain in becoming something else, you would have your spiritual mind intact, and about the only difference is of what animal thing you became you could act like one, but you'd still be you.

This movie's star monster, on the other hand, didn't grow up a human, so all he does is seek food, as I'd imagine he wouldn't be cultured. If Dr. Lloyd would have him a specimen after dosing him properly, the monster may look human, but he would still be a monster.
Garnu_Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote