free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - [Story] >> The Enchanted Sorceress <<
View Single Post
Unread 02-06-2006   #16
Captain Ash
Adventurer

Sorry that the next chapter took so long, but I had my exam weeks.

@Night Scream
I'm glad you like it.

@S.E. Gear Ryu
Thanks for you comments.
Yes, English is my second language, and its my first story I wrote that long.
I use and work a lot with the English language and I hope my grammar is not that bad; I will check all chapters if I have finished the story.
The inverted commas (>> <<) are my induvidual style, because I think it makes reading more comfortable than (" ").^^

Enjoy reading.

==========================================

CHAPTER 7: Duty chores

Misty, or better said the enchanted sorceress, who made up this name to pass herself off as a girl, followed the old man the way behind the bar.
The three heroes were still sitting on their table and were probably discussing about their next move, however, without the dark sorceress Azura they couldn’t do nothing but wait.

On the bar they met Abigail, the disgruntled waitress whom the sorceress met earlier, were preparing filling up some mugs of beer.
The waitress didn’t seem to be delighted, when Uncle Ben took the girl behind the bar.
>> Abigail, my dear, can I introduce you Misty, she will lend you a hand in the inn. <<
>> You are not serious! << Abigail said stunned. >> This little brat! <<
>> Don’t be so harsh, I’m sure you will get along with her. << Uncle Ben said in his old calm friendly way.
Abigail looked displeased, but she knew that there was no point in contradicting, when the old stubborn once made up his decision.
Then he smiled satisfied and disappeared through the door to the back room.

>> I can’t believe that this is happening to me. << the waitress put her hand enervated on her forehead. >> Well, it can’t be helped. <<
Then she looked at her little helper.
>> I wonder what Uncle Ben were thinking to bring an ally girl in his tavern? <<
>> Hey! I am not an ally girl. << the little sorceress shouted offended.
>> You are not? Then you can tell me why you are wearing this rag? <<
>> Uhmm … this is … because … <<
>> And why don’t you have any adults looking after you? << Abigail didn’t let finishing what the girl was trying to say.
>> This hasn’t to do with it … <<
>> And besides, you are a filthy one, too. Look at yourself! Covered all over with dust. <<
The sorceress tries to say something, but then she left it. The waitress hit a point, so it was useless to answer back.

After all, her entire appearance gave the impression to look really like a homeless child, knowing that she haven’t no parents proved that the waitress must have heard her conversation with Uncle Ben.
They hadn’t talked quietly though.

>> Your name is Misty, right? It doesn’t sound like a name for a maid. If I see right you look more like a little dusk flake – maybe I will call you by this name. << Abigail scoff at her with a sneering smile.
>> Stop treating me like an idiot! << the girl cried angrily.
>> Don’t shout that loudly, << the waitress fizzed, glaring again to the girl. >> You wanna have a better treatment, then deserve it. <<
Deserving? the girl thought, somehow she didn’t like the sound of it.
>> Keep these two little rules in your minds, and we will be close friends. << Abigail advises:
>> First: You will do what I am telling you! Don’t think you don’t have to listen to me, because Uncle Ben brought you here.
Second: Never do or say something that annoys the guests, that’s includes table dancing, you got me? <<
The sorceress heard her instructions half-bored and nodded; she wasn’t in mood to answer her needless questions.
Let the old lady talking, she was thinking. Compared to her current age, the young waitress was to be referred as “old”.
>> Good! << Abigail said, not sure whether the girl listened to her or not. >> Then make yourself useful and mop the kitchen floor. Water and floorcloth are ready! <<
And so the waitress opened the door behind the bar, which leads not far away to the kitchen. On the small hall to the kitchen the implements stands ready.

Not overzealous to perform menial jobs, she took the bucket with water and the cloth to her way to the kitchen. Of course, she couldn’t watch what was going on outside in the tavern.
But this wasn’t so bad; she just had to wet the floor a bit, so she could finish this quickly.
The girl kneeled and soaked the old cloth that was holey like a Swiss cheese and brushed the floor until it was wettish everywhere in the kitchen.
Wasn’t that difficult at all, she thought.
Then the little sorceress walked back to the door behind the bar and opened a little gap to observe the heroes without being seen by the maid, who would just give her some other dirty works to do.
Unfortunately, she stands right behind the door, so she rip opened the door.
>> You are already finished? << the waitress wondered.
>> Uhmm … yes. << the girl answered carefully, she was not sure what she should say and had little time to think about it.
However, at the current situation it was the best not to make her furious, so telling the truth was the best option.
>> Little lady, if you want to stay here, you should break your bad habit with this unclear pronunciation! Say just “Yes” or “No”! Got it? <<
Now this waitress also wants to tell her how to talk and answer properly, but she swallowed her anger and answered just with: >> It won’t happen again. <<

Abigail grabbed the girl’s wrist and pulled behind her to the kitchen, the sorceress had difficulties to keep step with her.
In the kitchen, Abigail stood astonished for awhile.
>> You are calling that cleaning? <<
>> What’s wrong? << Misty asked blank-faced.
What kind of problem has she now?
>> You just have wet the floor. << Abigail said.
>> Isn’t that the part of cleaning? <<
>> No, the part of cleaning is to get rid of the dirt, not to disperse it. <<
She pointed with her finger on the dries places on the floor, where the wet dust and filth appeared again on the ground.
The girl said nothing, denying was useless, she couldn’t fool the waitress.

Abigail looked suspicious to the girl and took her hand.
>> Your hands are soft and as smooth as butter, you must have never worked hard in you life before! << she found out. >> What were you doing to earn you living? <<
The sorceress just looked confused and innocent into her eyes.
What would she do now?
>> Let’s see if you can handle easy jobs, at least. << Abigail sight indignantly, thinking that's going to be fun.

After this sloppy work, the sorceress could count herself lucky that Abigail was lenient toward to her.
But she wasn’t.
Not only that Abigail had to tell her two or three times what she had to do, before she was doing something, she also mixed things up and were not concentrated at work.
Besides, she was also heavy-handed, so she let fall a full tablet, as she had to collect the empty mugs.
>> I knew you would be quite troubling. << Abigail scolded the clumsy girl.
The mighty empress was not used to get orders, and she didn’t care about it, she was just interested about the heroes’ doings.

Suddenly a black-clothed lady entered the tavern. The woman’s head were covered in the hood of her rob, but it was still easily to be seen that her hair was pitch-black.
That was interesting, the girl thought, as she saw the woman from far behind.
The mysteriously lady stepped toward the party’s table.
It seems that Azura has finally arrived.
>> Go downstairs and get some buckets for me! << Abigail requested.
>> Later! << the wilful girl refused, she didn’t want to miss what Azura was now doing.
The waitress pulled her ear. She had enough of that stubborn child.
>> Listen what I’m telling you! << she hissed annoyed, while the girl moaned of pain. >> And now go! <<

The girl went chagrined downstairs of a small gang, that was near behind the bar’s door.
She pets her hurting ear.
>> No reason to get rough. << she mumbled.
It was dark in the room, so the light coming through the door was the only source of light she could see through the sparely lighted basement. There was a window somewhere high up the wall, but it was dark of dirt.
>> I can’t find any buckets. << the little girl shouted, after she had looked for them.
>> Then look more closely. << was the answer from upstairs.
Great! the sorceress thought impatiently. While she was seeking for some dump buckets, she didn’t know what Azura was going to do in the tavern. Hopefully they won’t leave the town before she could get the necklace.
Her thoughts were disturbed as the door was closed and covered the cellar with darkness.
Some weak light shafts of sunset broke through the window, but they were not bright enough to lighten the lower part of the room.
Then she heard that some steps were coming down the stairs. It was Abigail.
>> What’s going on? << the girl cringed.
>> Nothing! You only get some special treatment to cure you of your bad attitude of working morale. << the waitress said coldly, when she reached the last step and abut on the frame.
The sorceress got a bad feeling about that.
>> Don’t try to resist! << she warned the girl, as she approached her. >> The earlier we got this behind us, the earlier we are finished. <<
>> No! << was the girl’s reaction.
She tried to run around the waitress and to reach the door, but Abigail’s arm already packed her around her little body. The girls screamed, shouted and fidget, but it was useless.
>> If you had done your work correctly and listened to me as expected, you wouldn’t have been punished. << Abigail told her dry. >> But scream as loud as you can, because in this basement nobody will hear you; that were the reason why I lured you down here. <<
Abigail sat on a box and laid the naughty girl on her laid.
>> No! Let me go! Don’t you hear me? << the helpless sorceress demanded, she couldn’t believe that probably the mightiest sorceress in history was be punished by an inferior maidservant.

>> Now we will she if you really are an alley girl. << Abigail said as she stripped the girl’s rag to uncover her blank butt.
>> As I thought, << she found out amused, >> you are not wearing any panties, but that is typically for homeless children. <<
>> I never wore one. << the girl answered unconsciously, she didn’t even wear lingerie when she was an adult.

Abigail laid her hand on her naked bottom, while the girl still tried to get free; and then the inevitable happened.
The waitress stroke out and hit her little butt forcefully and continued the treatment, again and again.
The sorceress didn’t want to give her the satisfaction to scream, but then the pain got the upper hand, so she had no other choice but to cry:
>> No! Please stop it! I’m sorry! I will work harder, I promise! Please! <<
The sorceress begged Abigail for forgiveness, tears were running down her face and as the pain was almost unbearable, the waitress stopped to spank her.
>> May this be for you a lesson. << Abigail said satisfied, while the girl dries her eyes. >> You will stay here until tomorrow, so you can think all about this. <<

What! Leaving me back in that dark place! The sorceress didn’t want to stay here. Who knows if Azura and the party would be still in the inn tomorrow morning?
She couldn’t allow failing stealing the necklace, she had to do something.
>> Please don’t nick me in this dark basement. << she begged.
>> Didn’t I make myself clear? You will stay at the basement as I said. <<
>> Please not! << she cried and clutched Abigail’s leg as she went up.
>> Let off my leg! My decision is definitely. <<
The sorceress had to act. But how?
Desperately, the girl started to kiss Abigail feet, but because she weren’t bare-footed, she kissed her shoes therefore.
>> Please, Mistress Abigail, I do whatever you want. << she endeared her gaoler.
Misty did exactly that what her maid would do to avoid punishment.
>> Well … you have learned pretty fast! << Abigail said astonished. >> Fine! You can come with me, but I will send you in this basement back if you don’t behave. <<
>> Thank you, Mistress Abigail. << Misty said, and this time she took her words seriously.
Captain Ash is offline   Reply With Quote