free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Pixie No More 4 is now available! GTS, SW, BE
View Single Post
Unread 07-09-2014   #8
ZZZ
Process Disciple

Re: Pixie No More 4 is now available! GTS, SW, BE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex164 View Post
After having purchased all 4 collector's editions, I feel entitled to my opinion.

The "process" content has been going downhill ever since #1. Not only is there less of it but the scenes that are shown are hurried, and not at all enticing. Most growth or shrinking takes place over the course of 2 to 3 panels, and is not worth the price tag.

Unfortunately, the series of comics is suffering from Western Comics Syndrome, in which people believe we pay for the story and not the art. The storyline is mediocre, and is not worth the money either.

I recommend no one purchase this comic as the actual worthwhile content is 4 pages, the queen growing, the pink haired pixie growing taller, the main male going from nerdy to hunk, and then the 3 elf girls from #3 shrinking down in basically a poof.

I will no longer endorse this series, as it is no longer worth the money.
I find your critique harsh not because of what you are saying, but because you never commented before on this comic. I just went through the old threads to make sure. If you had said after part 2 or 3 that you wanted to see more sex or longer sequences/more sequences then I would have made adjustments to part 4. The story is a story I am enjoying writing so that will continue as is, but I can certainly work in more sex and sequence length or panel sequence number.

As for specifics:

As you have seen in this thread there are people who like the story, and people who like the art.

"Worthwhile content" is your opinion. Some people like seeing the sexy shrunken women running around, in peril, the breast smothering, oral sex from mini giantess Starlight and other action moments and of course the size change stuff.

The elven women shrinking out of their armor is 4 panels - so that is not a poof. The start, the armor falling off in the next 2 panels and then the end where they are tiny and nude.

I always ask for feedback, but the last few giantess main focus comics have had very little feedback from the giantess enjoying crowd. The feedback really helps me steer the comics, otherwise I just go by what I enjoy or the private message feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMax View Post
The first one was the best in terms of process, but also the worst in terms of story. This one is my favourite since the first one. That said, there were a lot of competing elements that made none of them particularly satisfying on their own. The queen was almost not in this one, when her immense growth and overpowering lust could have probably filled half of it.
Thanks Minimax, the queen will have a more page time next comic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzar9999 View Post
^ I'm pretty sure she could've filled all of it.

You know. Because she's huge.

:-D
Yes she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaran View Post
Though I did enjoy this one, I can definitely see where some of the other comments are coming from. I believe I commented as much on I think Vol..... 2 or 3, but I said I'd rather see more detail on each individual sequence, rather than simply a larger number of them. There was what, 3 process sequences?

I think the problem is a "jack of all trades" problem. You've got your hands in too many different aspects of the story & situations within one issue for it to feel like any of them received any significant attention. All said we've got... 13 characters of significance who appear in this issue. 4-6 major 'scenes', depending on where you draw dividers (change of characters vs. change of scenery.)

Compare that to, say, Issue 1. Which had ONE scene, with 4 characters and FIVE process sequences.

- Grindalot Muscle/Penis
- Maid Grows
- Maid shrinks
- Starlight grows
- Nixie grows

Almost the ENTIRE comic was process. It was spectacular, and is what sold me on the series in the first place.

Issue 2: 1 scene, 5 characters, 5 sequences.

- Grindalot Muscle
- Grindalot Penis Expansion
- Starlight growth
- Alianne growth/hourglass
- Rae shrinking

And again, almost the entire comic was process material. Very small gaps between sequences.

Issue 3: 3 scenes, 12 characters, 5-6 process sequences.

- Druscilla growth/AR to young woman
- Nyxie & Alianne Growth
- Winkie Penis Expansion & Troll-ification
- Ellenora Shrink
- Rae & Ellenora growth
- Queen growth (albeit short)

Got slightly heavier on the plot (mainly the exposition with the elves), but still pretty good process to pages ratio.

When you lay it all out like that, I think it becomes clear why the reception of this issue has been a bit less than stellar. It comes off as almost... scatterbrained, with trying to cover too many plot points/characters in a single issue, and the process gets shafted as a result of needing to switch focus constantly to deliver plot.
Along with these size elements Im trying to keep sexual content decent in Pixie comics and the story interesting. Theres only so much room for everything. Sorry to hear you felt it scatterbrained, I am just trying to set things up for the coming chapters. I also am trying to involve all the characters, but I may have to go the route of focusing on some characters in one chapter, and some in the others(Grindalot will always be the focus of course - for now).

After all this feedback, I am going to have my artists go back to work on Pixie 5 which at this point is actually 90%+ complete, so it will take longer before it is ready for release with these changes. I will be adding/extending the size change/process scenes and sex content, but I will still try to keep the story moving where I want it to go. I just want you guys to know feedback makes a difference and I(and my artists) will be working hard on the Pixie 5 rework.

My GTS, BE, SW and FMG comics for sale:
ZZZ's Comics

Official website:
http://sizechangecentral.com

If you like my work check out my deviant art stuff at http://zzzcomics.deviantart.com/
ZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote