free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Welcome to Tapper's (TG/RC)
View Single Post
Unread 08-13-2017   #3
wandering_spirit
Just a wanderer

Re: Welcome to Tapper's (TG/RC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xodiac View Post
First, the good: There's some decent-to-good art here, and I like the story being told.

Now the bad: Your scanner isn't very good. Or possibly you just need to make your lines darker on the paper. There are a lot of dropped pixels, making it look very sketchy. Worse, it makes the speech bubbles very hard to read. It doesn't help that much of the comic is in cursive, so we not only have to deceipher your handwriting, we only have about 2/3 of your handwriting to deceipher. I suspect the reason you've received no comments 3 days after you posted this is because it's just so hard to read.

The good thing is that these problems are easy to fix. Make your lines darker so the scanner picks them up better, and/or get a new scanner. And write your text in regular, non-cursive lettering.
I usually end up using 2H pencil in case I mess up while drawing, but I get your point. I should probably go over the lines with a 2B or something.

I also thought of using cursive was a good way to show the character's voice change, but I might need to change that.

Thanks for the honest feedback. I rarely get those, so I never know if what I do needs to be better.

"In this egotistic world in which we live in, it is sometimes to wonder if we shouldn't be like mirrors for others to deem us worthy to be looked at." - 'Le Chat'

wandering_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote