The Process Forum - View Single Post - AR/AP Website List
View Single Post
Unread 08-19-2018   #26
andu22
Frequent Poster

Re: AR/AP Website List

Quote:
Originally Posted by godleydemon View Post
Please lookup general studies and tutorials on web design if your going to do this. It's honestly a really big undertaking to do something like what visibletime do/did. It's a massive project and currently what you have is kind of a mess. So time for a little constructive criticism from someone in that particular field.

Stop using google sites, it's a relatively easy service to use, but it's fairly restrictive on what you can and cannot do with it. In terms of what your trying to do.

start by creating a directory listing, this can be done utilizing a php script that scans a folder of some kind and lists out the individual folders in alphabetical order. So you can name your folder for say "Ai Dream [AR]" and that's how it would appear in your directory listing. Then when said person clicks on that listing, it goes to that folder and displays it's index file, which can be your information page.

In this way, you can easily separate things out according to how you want to display them, and so you can easily find things accordingly.

Create a last updated section, that's what most people browse on Visible time. They're looking at the last updated entries.

This is the simplest way I can think of how you can do it with minimal programming/coding knowledge.
I do not have so much time for that. I was looking to do something simple like this
https://sites.google.com/site/thetganimeweblist/ but in version age progression and regression. I like visible time, but I do not like that I do not specify what episode the change is in and I wanted to do something simple because many times I do not have time or I know if I'm going to update it for a long time, that's why I said it was not serious.

As for the updated section I was going to put on the cover but later I have many things to add.
andu22 is offline   Reply With Quote