free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - How to get a female werewolf movie actually released
View Single Post
Unread 04-20-2018   #7
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Re: How to get a female werewolf movie actually released

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryer View Post
The main problem is most mainstream audiences don't want to see a hairy aggressive humanoid werewolf woman as the hero of the film, empowered and strong. Its not sexy to them and that equals nobody will pay money to see it. I think the last actual "mainstream" female werewolf oriented movies would be Cursed (2004) ...only change was her eyes and mental and the werewolf was a male
and Blood and Chocolate (2007)...poof tf into full wolf, again only eyes and mental and again the female was more a submissive.
Actually, the werewolf was female in “Cursed,” played by Judy Greer ("Jurassic World"). I’m sure you’re aware they actually had the legendary Rick Baker designing the werewolf and even the TF (he posted a few pics on Twitter years ago), but for some godforsaken reason (probably money), they fired him and hired some cheap CGI BS. Also, what a waste to have a werewolf movie star the lovely Christina Ricci as one of the beasts, and all they do is throw contact lenses and vampire fangs on her. “Cursed,” indeed (old joke, I know).
Words cannot describe the disappointment that the “Blood and Chocolate” movie was. Besides the “poof TFs,” as you mentioned, it was based on my favorite werewolf novel, and the story was NOTHING like the book. All they did was keep the character names and title of the property (oh, and there were werewolves involved). Also, at one point, Jennifer Love Hewitt was supposed to star in it, and at the time, she was my favorite actress looks-wise, so that would’ve been a huge treat for me.
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote