free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - What's Missing: Loss of Strength
View Single Post
Unread 01-20-2021   #9
Mathai
Professional Slacker

Location: California native, returned after years in the Army abroad.
Re: What's Missing: Loss of Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyBonnie View Post
Wow that was really impressive! And I guess a lot of that (physically) does make sense.

But sadly, I will probably prefer the fantasy where my clothes are heavier (or at least feel heavier) as I get small. Adds to it I think.
I think it would get heavier, just not so much that it pins down is what they were saying. The comparison of regular size you to your shirt has you weighing more than the fabric. But as you get smaller, your weight comparison begins to skew towards the static in size object until its total weight is greater than yours. As that disparity increases more and more against you, you still can more part of it without needing to move the whole.

As you are now, its like moving a...well a shirt. =p But at half size, you are now struggling against something more similar to a large and heavy blanket draped over your shoulders before collapsing in on top of your head. When under a foot tall, those blankets are the waterless equivalent of a soaked bed set that you wouldn't be able to find your way out from underneath without much effort. Eventually, I do think that you would be small enough that the few inches left of you is just a mixture of too small, too lost, and too exhausted to get out without someone's help.
Mathai is offline   Reply With Quote