The Process Forum - View Single Post - Female werewolf film betsy
View Single Post
Unread 04-28-2017   #18
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Re: Female werewolf film betsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahki View Post
We have some hints to accept it as legitime. I've explained them some time ago, and there I said that Max Landis was traveling from UK and back precisely with the couple that was announced as the lead (same plane in which Carrie Fisher had her heart attack). Yes, they were deleted afterwards, but the synopsis wasn't changed. I assume that there are still some discussions between the writers and the producers, and we recently knew that there is no director yet (Max Landis said that he wanted to, and gave ideas about the TF, of course), and consequently it doesn't advance to the "preproduction" status. And in his twitter, he said once that "what if the werewolf were not american?" That fits perfectly in the actress originally selected: we could translate that into "male american" or into "white american"... well, she is a japanese/philipinno female :P.
Just piggybacking off this, I've mentioned before that the IMDb was updated months ago, deleting the casting information of who was playing what (including the Asian actress in the lead), but even if she doesn't end up in the role, the main synopsis of the movie wasn't changed, i.e., it still says the werewolf is a female named "Alex." I would think if the lead was in fact male and not female, it would've been changed by now, but that's just my (much-hoped-for) hunch.
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote