free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Beach Blanket Blueberry-it ain't ovah!
View Single Post
Unread 04-28-2009   #32
uruseiranma
Frequent Poster

Re: Beach Blanket Blueberry-it ain't ovah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayn View Post
Nevermind the fact that not many people are posting in the thread, your work is both great and appreciated. i'm rather glad there arent any posts demanding "MOAR NAO!!!1!!ONE!1" lets you concentrate on your own pace.
Thanks. It's very frustrating for me when I don't ever hear much if I have anyone even reading the comic.

On DA, I get more faves than comments, so most of the time I don't know if people are just faving separate pages, or if there are people who are are reading it regularly.

I also post about updates on the comic to expansionmansion.com, and there's a crap shoot if anyone reads the work or not. If I was like other people that just put out color-toned still images of real women on a daily basis, I'd have people commenting all the time.

Though on Expansion-Mansion, a couple people were saying that I was taking too long, and it was getting boring. I had tried to ignore them for a time, but after 2 weeks I just had to ask: what is your deal!?

I compared my comic to Johnny Swell's 'Berrygirl.' Johnny never did finish his story, and people still keep wanting to see him end it...and it's been like 2-3 years since the last page of the second part of 'Berrygirl.'

Also of note, I haven't seen anything that comes up to what I want to see in a blueberry girl comic. I always see people start their comic right at the point of having the gum, and then taking it. Or, there isn't any story, just the expansion sequence.

It reminds me of when Walt Disney considered making an animated feature. Up til' that time, cartoons were only 7 minutes long, and some said that all that color on screen for too long would hurt people's eyes, you couldn't hold their attention longer than 30 minutes, etc. Most likely some felt that his film would just be a connection of animated shorts strung together.
uruseiranma is offline   Reply With Quote