The Process Forum - View Single Post - [CYOC] Katie's new ring [AR/AP]
View Single Post
Unread 12-28-2015   #4
godleydemon
Can I have a cookie

Re: [CYOC] Katie's new ring [AR/AP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex164 View Post
Honestly, most of the story lines outside of the one with a red box starting at "Katie's New Ring" were rough, and the one with the red box was rushed.

It was great though, for what it is was. Decent way to spend a waiting room visit.
I have to agree, alot of the story lines off of this was pretty decent and really makes you think of future story lines or possible spin off

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmorgado View Post
To tell you the truth, I was one of those authors that did some of the interactive stories of Katie and her adventures with the age ring. I always like writing stuff like this down and make it as detailed as possible. The problem with most writers is that they either forget about it, or they don't even know it exists. As much as it pains me, I hate to see a story with many possibilities go down like this. I just hope that someone would look into it and continue where others like me left off. Otherwise, they will all be left unfinished.
Oh it's awesome to hear from one of the original authors of the story lines. There was a LOT of potential for the story to start going into the realm of Katie being the apprentice and learning to control her powers a little more. I also always wanted to see a little more of the ring becoming more sentient. As that seemed to be the way the story was going, with each wish and each interacting it became more of an extension of Katie's will. At the same time, it also became more sentient and communicated in a way with Katie.

The way I WOULD have liked to have seen the story go is that Merlin would bring Katie on as an apprentice. She would continue to do the same things she did with her new friends and would begin to learn new and more powerful forms of magic. Unfortunately, stories do need a bit of conflict to continue, so I always imagined Merlin needing Katie's help to deal with a missing powerful artifact. Using her new powers she'd track down and try to retrieve an artifact that was stolen from Merlin, in the end being subdued and her ring taken from her. Fortunately, she'd have formed such a bond with the ring, she'd discover she no longer needed to be in direct contact to control it's power and would use it to escape and save the day.

This would end up being a test by Merlin in the end to prove to himself Katie was ready for her next step in the apprenticeship. Taking over the store itself and holding a temporary position on a council of magic, so Merlin can take a vacation lol.

BUT, this is always the problem with me. I always have tons of fun ideas, but like the time to actually sit and write them. Living in an RV in Alaska will do that to you