free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Awil remake female lead rumor
View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2017   #30
bcislandguy
Process Fan

Re: Awil remake female lead rumor

What I was saying in my comment is that making ANY movie, regardless of content is about making money unless you crowdsource your money, Legitimate investors (Like studios/productions companies expect a return , thats the crux of lending money to someone. Any film about transformation is an Art film because transformation is always related to puberty/sexuality/and quasi-philosphical human emotional stories , these are almost all direct to DVD type stuff and not going to get any real theatrical release

thenightwolf I think your being naive in not thinking movie pitch and writing is not about sex and selling the product to an audience, look at a series like Underworld, its got Action and Sex (but only as human looking vampires and humans) there is not a single female werewolf in it, all the women are beautiful and sexy Vampires, pale skinned and lustful, thats exactly what people who watch a movie want to see. The Howling movies were B movies where the werewolf was just a easy villan/monster to overcome and in the 80's monster movies were in, they gor progressivy worse in writing . Gingersnaps is an Art film funded heavily by film grants and made no real money but had some real thought put into it.

The primary movie goer is a young Male and they want to see Action, Sex and comedy all involving hot beautiful women, thats why Transformers, marvel universe, and Star Wars type movies are in the theaters and this movie is sitting in limbo, its only something people like us want to see. Joe Average dosn't want to see a woman as a hairy werewolf.

Last edited by bcislandguy; 08-01-2017 at 02:14 PM.
bcislandguy is offline   Reply With Quote