free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Things that you really dont like to see in a transformation.
View Single Post
Unread 07-24-2018   #32
Lycanthrokeith
Gotta Be Me

Re: Things that you really dont like to see in a transformation.

I have some things that immediately take me out of a transformation.

#1: Feet. I can understand including them in the description for completion's sake, but they don't appeal to me in the least. I can deal with hooves or paws, but just a quick shift description is all I need. I prefer it even more if the "burst out of the shoes" method is used (I'm the one Jimbo was referring to earlier). This might be part of the reason why I don't care for tauric creatures.

#2: Werecreatures who know what they are and forget when the full moon is. "Oh no, I forgot it was a full moon tonight!" I don't care what else you have going on in your life, the instant you realize that you turn into a mythical beast person three nights every month, those three nights become the pivotal points of your schedule. Get someone else to cover your shift at Burger King or sub for the freakin' bowling league. Please, shift responsibly.

#3: In a similar vein, werecreatures that are described as "turning into a were(whatever)." I could see this description applying the first time they've ever shifted, but after that, I've always looked at it as "they stopped being human the instant they were infected." I prefer to say they "changed forms" or "returned to (werecreature/human) shape." I also don't care for werecreatures who don't at least have some reflections in their human form (better senses/reflexes, a taste for raw meat, etc).

#4: Skin ripping, nails and teeth splitting or falling out, hair falling out, blood and gore, etc.

#5: The phrase "reversed knees." They are not reversed knees, they are risen ankles. Xavier: Renegade Angel had reversed knees.

#6: Goo, paint, or suit TF's (exception: If the victim is becoming a slime or goo creature, then goo as the impetus is perfect).

#7: Furries/aliens/general non-humans as TF subjects (elves are an exception for me). The whole idea of TF to me is to make humans something more special. Furries/etc are already something unique, why change them?

#8: In TF video games, any automatic TF that happens solely because you went in the wrong direction. I'm not afraid to admit that I'll Save Scum to avoid becoming a creature I don't like. I didn't like dying by simply moving onto the construction site in Deja Vu, either.

#9: Poof TF's, and TF's shown entirely in shadow. Show, don't tell.

#10: Anthro animal TF's without muzzles or tails. This also includes things like werewolves that have the eyes, ears, claws, and fangs, and call it a day. Teen Wolves, basically. If you're going to do it, commit.

There's probably a couple things I've forgotten at the moment. I'm sure they'll spring back to mind as soon as I see them.

Avatar: "Checking" by Mikhail. Used With Permission.

F-List: https://www.f-list.net/c/missclaneous

Last edited by Lycanthrokeith; 07-24-2018 at 06:44 PM. Reason: More comments.
Lycanthrokeith is offline   Reply With Quote