Thread: Goblins
View Single Post
Unread 01-05-2016   #23
OhZone
OhYeah!

Re: Goblins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK View Post
I am not that great a designer. I can't make characters that stand out. I am playing a Facebook game where each of the characters that you interact with are stunning and highly-detailed visual representations of different cultures and fantasy archetypes. If I have one criticism, they are all human! Anyway.

I can pinpoint good subjects for different processes. An idea I have had rumbling around in my head is to have someone afflicted with an extremely rare disease (one in a billion incident rate) that found its way to U.S. shores instead of where it is typically encountered in China.

This young woman starts shrinking over a period of months. She takes it in stride and copes as best as she can. She's an art student who considers what's happening to her as the project of a life time. The striking image I have is this woman in an oversized hoodie, long baggy jeans that extend past her feet and droop over a high pair of platform sneakers, and a knit-cap beanie that dangles over the back of her head.

Also see this woman as a barista at an independent coffee shop who has a little more leeway in how she presents herself. Maybe punkish?

There are going to people who enter her life who only see her as a novel sexual outlet, and when she gets small enough she might get into that with someone she mistakes as concerned for her well-being before its clear he's manipulating her into bed. She'll pass a threshold where doing her job becomes such a struggle that it puts into question whether she can keep going.

Comics are easier than written stories to "get it right."
Quote:
Originally Posted by qzar9999 View Post
That actually sounds like a pretty interesting concept. I'd ask if I could write a story with it, but I've got a lot on my plate already.

Yes it does sound like a really interesting concept and it sounds like you have some great RP partners. I wish I had more time for RPs too. My work is ballistic lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Sai View Post

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm nice