free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - What's the best transformation piece?
View Single Post
Unread 02-26-2013   #41
Grievous
Eh, just passing by

Re: What's the best transformation piece?

I hate this kind of threads, because they force me to choose! ;_;

Picture: I'd say any of the works from LoboLeo, BUT, this certain sequence-comic from BlackRat has always had a special spot for me:
Link
More in specific, these two pages:
Link
Link
I simply love the expressions on those two pics and how detailed the change is in each frame.

Animation: Rogue's brief change into a werewolf-kind-of in that X-MEN Evolution series ( link ). The series was kinda lame overall but I remember pondering for many years what would happen to Rogue were she ever to absorb the powers from, say, Wolfsbane or Sabertooth, etc. and that scene came out of nowhere for me, I really didnt know it was going to happen first time I saw the episode. And it even had feet-toes change!

TV series: Being Human (US version), Nora's first change ( link ). Its short, yes. It doesn't really show THAT much, yes. And still, I loved it. Not just because of the quality of the change we see, but the whole build up too, you watch her sitting in that car, you even really ponder if she will really change when she stares at her hands and sighs in relief, starting the car engine to move on, but then... bam.

Story: Aww, man... this IS the hard one. I really have a hard time choosing one since I always change my mind on which one is my favorite, so for the sake of not making my brain explode, I am gonna go with my top current 3:
1) Link "Dissidia Final Fantasy: The Cycle of the Foot Fiends Recoded" by Hexen. Foot fiends + FF = !!!.
2) Link "Amber's Ass" by Onallfours123. The idea of a change being induced to the subject trough a movie or some sort of media always caught my interest after seeing it on that clip from the Horror Fest years ago, and I think the author nailed it here.
3) Link All of the 'Lycanthrope Club' series (along with the sequel, 'Crescent Shadows') by Heliotroph. Maybe not so much for the TF elements but hands down, its of the best werewolf themed stories I have ever read.