Thread: Rolling AMA
View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2021   #27
SuperSecretUserName
Frequent Poster

Re: Rolling AMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
Ah, the early fears of using the intertubes. Actually, completely justifiable. I've been stalked before and - well, I don't want to get into it.

It does sounds vaguely familiar but I can't remember if it's a real memory or a fake memory or if this whole world is a fake memory. ha

I've tried to use some google fu and found that the process used to be on gtsdepot and I think theprocess.cc. web archive is not playing nicely today and gives me just 503's.

Anyway, I wonder if an earlier incarnation of the process asked for gender and origin of members. Did they?

I don't think they'd have that info now. They have your email, the date you entered for a birthday, your ip, and that's about it. There is a field for location, but most peeps don't take that seriously. I mean how would you know my Jersey Shore wasn't in England. I didn't add my zip. You can get something from your ip but it's not that accurate either.

Ha. My Avast keeps saying my location is exposed (by my ip address I assume), and they give me a picture of a town south of me, so I laugh and say, Nope, it aint.

Anyway, it's no one's business, but we are not alone as women on this site. I'm sure there are quite a few, including some I know personally.

Wrong Tegan.

This Tegan and Sara. <3

Current mood-
Oh yeah, I've personally found getting stalked it part of just existing on the internet. I don't mean that in a dismissive way, just one of those grim facts of life.

Weirdest one was having a guy follow me home after doing a show when I was in Waikiki and a dude just follows me. Like, I had walked home to my apartment, and dude just followed me. I let him into the building because I didn't notice him and thought he was like you know another tenant in the building. Then he just waited out front of my apartment door. For like hours. I thankfully had an intercom to not like, have to open the door and could be like "What... dude, what do you want?" but apparently he didn't have a plan. Plan was follow me and ????