free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Female Werewolf needles in a haystack
View Single Post
Unread 01-18-2017   #634
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

The more I think about it, the more the casting of Anna makes sense to me. After all, it would make sense to cast a relative unknown in the lead role. (No, I don’t count a bunch of YouTube videos as signs of a major celebrity.) David Naughton was relatively unknown when he was cast as David Kessler in the original. At that point, he only made a few commercials tap dancing for Dr Pepper. (“I’m a Pepper, he’s a Pepper, wouldn’t you like to be a Pepper too?”) In fact, in its parody of “AWIL,” Mad Magazine referred to this fact by having the werewolf dance and ask, “I’m a werewolf, he’s a werewolf, wouldn’t you like to be a werewolf too?” It wouldn’t make sense to cast someone like Jennifer Lawrence in the lead role because, not only would she be unwilling to suffer the grueling hours of makeup, we wouldn’t buy the TF scene because we know “J-Law” isn’t a werewolf. Obviously, werewolves aren’t real, but we could suspend our disbelief just a bit by seeing an unknown actress rip off her clothes and go through the motions. There’s a small part of your brain that would think, “Well, maybe she IS a werewolf.” If the IMDb synopsis and casting of Anna are unchanged a month from now, I would say it’s a pretty good sign that this is not a prank. You would think in that time, SOMEONE would tell Landis that his movie’s entry on IMDb was messed with, and he would go back and change it. As Homer famously once said: “Now we play the waiting game….. Oh, the waiting game sucks. Let’s play Hungry, Hungry Hippos!”

Last edited by howlingfan; 01-19-2017 at 07:21 AM.
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote