free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Doing the Deed
Thread: Doing the Deed
View Single Post
Unread 10-28-2018   #12
Bantlebroth
Lurker

Re: Doing the Deed

Well, I guess I need to clarify a little (but not much). Incidentally, I don't think you're judging in the slightest and I'm quite happy to engage in an intellectual manner to better the understanding which makes us all tick. Ignorance is bliss, but knowledge is power.

So, to begin...

Keeping in mind that the "room-sized and above" level of flesh involved with my personal BE preference (or that the SW concept involves either a miniaturization of the atoms or the space between the atoms) is... essentially... purely in the realm of fantasy, then I feel comfortable that whatever happens to the characters in my fetishes stays in my mind and never transfers into any real world equivalent.

Additionally, just because a character in my mind is rendered immobilized (or unable to interact in full capacity with their environment in either case) doesn't mean they are incapacitated. I hope that some of my written works reflect that. I'd like to point out here that many of the drawn or written characters who embody these fetishes of ours are more than able to sleight their inconveniences much the same way that Bruce Banner can suddenly gain 500 pounds of green muscle mass without the audience blinking an eye. Saxxon, ImmortalTom, Auctus177, Akira Agata, Mangrowing, Sutibaru, and so many more have designed worlds of erotica whereupon their characters undergo unnatural/fictional changes, and yet as the audience we don't much care about the behind-the-scenes stuff like how those individuals allieviate their biological waste while living in such a state, or how they would manoeuver in a world that is sized differently to their unique attibutes, or even how the metabolism of extreme physiology would require alterations just to enable basic living functions.

In other words, as viewers to the story, we just enjoy the story.

I like to think about the story "Thinner" by Stephen King, whereupon a gypsy curse afflicts an obese man into horrific weight loss. It's an okay story, not one of his best, but I can assure you that someone, somewhere, thinks that story is fetish material. Maybe not you or me, but someone.

We can't control what personal kinks we have. I know that my stories aren't for everyone, but likewise there are some people out there that read my stories and it's the bees knees to them. For that, I'm extremely grateful to have provided content that they have accepted. It's flattering, and I'm humbled and grateful like nothing else in my life.

However, we are the audience. I don't put myself into any of the characters' shoes while reading Thinner, nor do I insert myself into Lord of the Rings so that whenever Frodo is mentioned by name I register it as my own. This is what I mean by being a voyeur to the fetish. I love reading other people's stories, seeing their artwork, watching a fictional character in a fictional universe react to a fictional scenario. I love a good story. On occasion, I love a bad story too.

To bring it back to a personal level, one of my favourite BE stories is a tale called "Thinking of You" which hosts four main characters: September, Lori, Randi, & Matthew. As I read that story, at no time do I see a character's name and accept it as my own. I don't think anyone does. All four of those characters have moments of doubt, moments of crisis, and moments where they are rendered helpless in the moment. I really enjoyed that story, and at no time did I think the author write a self-insertion fantasy.

That's what I mean by being a voyeur to a good story.

Okay, I've said my piece, made this much longer than intended, unintentionally defended myself (although I'd like to think of it as expanding upon the definitions in my head), and basically hijacked this thread. All of which I didn't want.

I'll bow out now and go back to lurking. Thank you to everyone in the community, all of the Process-Productions community, and all of every content creator in every community for as far back as erotica content has been created. Thank you.

And now, I'm off to go listen to The Butterfly Effect because it sounds amazing.
Bantlebroth is offline   Reply With Quote