The Process Forum - View Single Post - Some SW animation clips
View Single Post
Unread 12-02-2015   #9
swfn
Mad Scientist

Re: Some SW animation clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzar9999 View Post
Those were interesting. You may not be an artist, as you say, but you're not bad at all with Photoshop (I assume). You should try your hand at collaging sometime!

I'm also impressed you programmed an animation thing yourself. I've tried my hand at programming before and I can't imagine that was easy... O_O
Thanks for your review. Yes, I got some few Photoshop skills precisely to be able to do by myself that kind of work. I'm not an expert, though, but perhaps I'll try collaging in a future, seems an interesting challenge after having seen some outstanding work by experts.

Concerning the programming issues, it's not really a big deal, I just used very basic algebra to build the program, but subtle enough to be fully accurate in order to generate as smooth as possible effects. I have been changing my program along the time and adding more features, and my next plans involve the possibility of including multiple SW with separate scales, which would allow, together with the zooming effect, to create some fancy "fractal" structures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit_king View Post
i would love to see these clips, i am unable to see this i tried a ton of players and nothing worked
Oh, that's too bad. I think I can guess the reason. My clips are generated from separate TS files that are ultimately merged in a mp4 file. Some players don't support these kind of videos, especially those in Mac OS X, and the only way to play them is downloading third-party players such as VLC or MPC-HC. Anyway, I have reencoded the videos so that now they should be compliant with most players. You can download them here. I'd be glad if you could report whether you can play the new files.

The extraction password is the same as the previous pack, that is:

ProcessProductions@2015