The Process Forum - View Single Post - Down the Drain - Shrink Fan Comics
View Single Post
Unread 06-04-2019   #13
zdarkness
Zone of Darkness

Re: Down the Drain - Shrink Fan Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Yubari View Post
Thanks for all of the feedback about "Down the Drain" and the site as a whole. I do take these into account when deciding what titles to continue, what to scrap and when to try new things.

First, I'd like to address the issue regarding the origins of the story. As a matter of policy we only publish original works and (in rare cases) adaptations of existing written stories with express permission granted from the original creator. It was only brought to my attention recently that there exists a shower shrinking mini comic that was posted to 4chan submitted by an anonymous artist. Our staff has since taken steps to try to contact the artist but this might be impossible since it was posted anonymously. Side note: If you know the artist or are the artist please contact us.

That being said, there have been other works of fiction, published before and after that mini comic was posted, that involve a woman shrinking in the shower. Needless to say we'll be putting our efforts toward depicting other scenarios and leave the shower shrinking to anyone else who wants to give it a go.

We are also doing our best to reach a point where we're able to offer more content each month -- of course this is contingent on our production capacity and costs associated. Every membership brings us one step closer to this goal.
The original piece was acknowledged by Merc in this post on deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/mercomix/...-1st-787630927

I know that shrinking in the shower isn't an original idea but it is beat-for-beat very similar, right down to her waking up in her bed still shrunk. Apparently there was also like an audio reading that people say he ripped dialogue from? But that seems sketchy to me. I haven't heard it myself but it's very generic reactionary dialogue. Anywho, if you want to get Drawanon's attention speak to them on the /d/ shrinking women thread on 4chan. Either way he'll probably say not to sweat it but I think the gesture would be appreciated by the community at large. (Also you could try to get him on board with you guys, he's a p.good artist. >_>)

I can write when I find the time.

But mostly I'm here to leech! *thumbs up*

Last edited by zdarkness; 06-04-2019 at 11:05 PM.
zdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote