free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - New Smash Bros!
Thread: New Smash Bros!
View Single Post
Unread 09-21-2014   #124
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Re: New Smash Bros!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBird View Post
So, with the demo/Japanese full version out, what do you guys think?

Being a filthy peasant, I can only play the super-limited demo. But with that said, I had quite a bit of fun with it. I wish I can use the D-pad as oppose to the circle pad, but it never got to a point where I was at risk of tearing it off. I do hope we can reconfigure the controls in the full version, because having two buttons and Up to jump feels like a waste. The grab and block buttons could have easily been on the face buttons.

I've never been great at this series, but I am fairly competent while playing Mario and Link. With Pikachu, however, I keep accidentally launching myself off the stage a few times. Mega Man is pretty fun to play with, while I didn't care much for the Villager. Although, summoning that cactus rocket-thing and then hopping on it is super cute.

The 3D looked great, and, it could just be that it's the demo, I didn't see any form of slowdown.
I'm on the fence about the 3DS version. One the one hand I want to play the game as soon as possible, but on the other I think it would feel weird to play a fighting game on a handheld. There is also the risk to the circle pad, which I was worried about even before the pics started going online of people having already destroyed their 3DSes while playing Smash right after launch. A big part of me feels that the 3DS version shouldn't even exist, and if it didn't we'd already have the console version by now.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote