free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - A Family Exchange (AR TG AP)
View Single Post
Unread 07-02-2014   #19
Sphore
Frequent Poster

Re: A Family Exchange (AR TG AP)

I don't even know what to do with this story.

If I've posted something that goes against forum rules, I'll of course take it down immediately. I've got no interest in causing trouble for the Process Forum.

I've had no motivation to write TG stuff lately, particularly since the imbroglio that followed the initial posting of this short story. I want to write stories that I enjoy, and that other people will enjoy, and I don't like learning that I am making people feel angry, disgusted or disappointed by my work. I still haven't come to terms with how I feel about this sort of writing myself- for me, there's plenty of guilt and discomfort mixed in with the enjoyment that I get from putting these narratives down in written form.

I suppose that one of the problems is that I've written several works which are quite tame, and several others that are much more sexual in nature. I think that some people, who had previously read some of my less graphic works, expected something that didn't blunder into such troubling topics, as this story did. I should be more careful to make it clear what is in store for each story that I write beforehand, so people can better avoid topics which bother them, and find topics that they like.

So to those who enjoyed this story, I'm glad that I was able to make something for you.

To those who were hurt or disgusted by this story, I'm sorry. I feel bad for upsetting you, and I wish I hadn't. Sometimes, I write things that deliberately make me uncomfortable, but this was not one of those cases. This story shows my failure to properly communicate a change of self, from one person to another. In my mind, as I wrote this story, I did not consider that the sex scene was taking place between a parent and their child- it was happening between a woman and a man, as their bodies adapted to match their new mental. I think that this is the important semantic difference, which prevented me from feeling that the scene I wrote was incestuous or pedophilic, but caused so many people to reach that interpretation. I didn't communicate this semantic as clearly as I wish I had, and that might be what led to so many people being alarmed by what they read in the story.

I've been given a lot to reflect upon. Thanks for your feedback.
Sphore is offline   Reply With Quote