The Process Forum - View Single Post - Female Werewolf needles in a haystack
View Single Post
Unread 01-23-2017   #671
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatnightwolf View Post
This conversation pops up every few months and then swiftly dies because any mention of crowdfunding yields many negative reactions on this board. There have been several false starts over the years and empty promises made that it would be an extremely uphill battle to get anyone here on any united front. It would also be a too many cooks situation. Even, if something was made, it's impossible to please everybody and the ensuing debate over TF content would only guarantee that nobody leaves happy. As for the thoughts on why filmmakers bother making the films they do if they run out of resources for properly filmed transformations, I think you answered your own question. Most (if not all) of these filmmakers do not share a view of TF as a fetish. It is merely a storytelling device. Speaking from personal experience in the entertainment world, walking away from a project because you weren't able to shoot a scene (TF related or otherwise) the way you originally envisioned is not an option. There are investors, contracts, and schedules that must be adhered to during productions. There is often much compromise made during the making of a project. Talented filmmakers can try to make the best given the limitations they are often given to work with. It may be a bummer to watch a great build-up to a transformation and then have it not meet expectations (which are often much too high to begin with) but we all need to take into consideration that this industry is not out to slight us in any way. These are not personal attacks. I would some day like to try my hand at filming a TF-themed short or feature given my particular "insider" viewpoint on the matter, but even if that day does arrive, the TF content must still serve the story I'm trying to tell. Filmmakers who work in the mainstream industry cannot risk the personal and professional careers to appease a niche fetish community. It sucks, but that's pretty much the truth. Content creators like MissaX was specifically catering fetish content toward this community and even she mostly had to end that due to lack of support from the community. End rant.

TL;DR ---- Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.
I agree with most of what you have said, but I would point out a couple of clarifications (all my personal point of view, of course):
-It is true that there are some people out there with TF fetish, and some without it. But is is undeniable that the people in general are attracted by the strange, the weirdness, the fantastic, horrible or even gore. It is something that would propably belong to the human nature.
-Most of the movies involving TFs (and especially werewolves) make intensive usage of this material for promotional purposes. Yes, it has been expensive to film that, but as I previously said, people are attracted by these kind of things, although not in the way we are.
-Missa had massive support until her creativity started to go to different fields that were not as popular amongst us. In crude words, she did a fucking master piece with "an american she wolf" and then her werewolf videos went downhill (too explicit in the case of the weresex series, or simply She Wolf XiV and XV are her weakest videos of all). When she started again doing werewolf videos, I will buy again (as I did with She wolf XVI).
-And finally, it is a good sign that you all share your thoughts here, sometimes during the last year I really felt that this was going to die, and most of you (and me) had become quite pessimistic about the werewolf stuff out there. Well, we'll see how this will progress .
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote