The Process Forum - View Single Post - Female Werewolf needles in a haystack
View Single Post
Unread 01-29-2017   #687
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursebearer View Post
If they posted those old teasers I might consider contributing to Betsy but right now I don't feel like I know very well what I'm getting... I'll keep an eye on them in case more info is provided.
I understand your frustration completely and agree that it’s counterproductive to ask for more money after taking away the teaser trailers to entice potential investors like us who may have never seen them. I’ve e-mailed the writer/director and messaged the Facebook page to request they reinstate the trailers, at least for investors, but I haven’t heard back yet. (Then again, I only e-mailed yesterday, so I need to chill and be patient.) I’ve combed through the “Betsy” Facebook archive, and as far as I can tell, it seems the writer/director was a little disappointed in those trailers and didn’t want to give people the wrong impression of what the final werewolf will look like. He states over and over in various videos that it was “NOT the final werewolf,” which, in a way, is good, but I still would’ve liked to see the trailers just to get a feeling of what the movie will be like.
In case people didn’t have the time or want to comb through nearly 2 hours of old FB videos about the production, I did the homework and came away with the following “juicy” details:
1) The movie will feature three (and possibly four) transformations, but the first two will be very minor to the point where some audience members would think she’s turning into a demon or something. (This sort of explains the early werewolf design in the teaser trailers.) The last TF during the full moon will be the "big one."
2) The director/writer was most influenced by “AWIL” (natch), “The Monster Squad,” “Silver Bullet,” and “Wolf.” Judging from my username on this board, it’s obvious I was disappointed he didn’t mention “The Howling” (honestly, that was quite baffling; how do you mention “The Monster Squad” and “Silver Bullet” before “The Howling”?). However, an actor/producer of the movie in a different video cited “The Howling” as one of the influences.
3) This movie will have “80% practical effects and the rest CGI” for what they couldn’t do practically. Needless to say, they’re stretching the indie budget as far as possible to get the most effects shots they can. They cast the actress’ face and even bought a mannequin to show changes to her body.
If I hear anything else (like seeing the trailers), I’ll update this board with more info. (I won’t post the trailer though if I’m not allowed.) But remember, if you want to be one of the first people to see the movie and TFs, you need to invest now. The writer/director stated it could take a long time to find a proper distribution company for this movie, and sorry, but I’m not posting the TF when the movie gets released to investors. In the meantime, I’m posting a few photos of the actress (I found them on her modeling website) who will undergo the transformation in hopes of “priming the pump” and getting more investors. Seriously, she’s gorgeous.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kelci 1.jpg (192.7 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg Kelci 2.jpg (153.3 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg Kelci 3.jpg (61.9 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg Kelci 4.jpg (37.6 KB, 212 views)
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote