free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Favorite POV
Thread: Favorite POV
View Single Post
Unread 11-07-2019   #2
JJStrebas
BE Writer

Re: Favorite POV

Thanks for the responses. This reinforces my tendency to choose 3rd person limited as my go to POV. IMO it offers the flexibility needed to explore a variety of scenes especially if you have more than a few characters. I am not too keen on deity level overview because I think some authors use it to narrate something that should be "shown" and not "told."

1st person can be a lot of fun, but there tends to be a lot of exposition from the MC which can be tricky, clever or drags if not done right. I really liked doing it for Bosom Destiny and About Marlin. Gaia Ambition started out that way but I figured it would be better told from dual POVs because of the number of characters and the unique and almost opposite POVs the two MCs have.

I have never seriously considered trying to do 2nd person. The idea seems awkward and totally alien to me. I used to love Choose Your Own Adventure books growing up and an erotic version of that would be awesome, but you can't do that with Amazon. I would have to just make all the choices for the reader... I don't know, I'll keep mulling it over.

A new "spinoff" series is next using 3rd person limited.

Last edited by JJStrebas; 11-07-2019 at 06:14 AM.
JJStrebas is offline   Reply With Quote