Thread: berrygirl
View Single Post
Unread 03-27-2014   #41
lordaltros
Frequent Poster

Re: berrygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mman123 View Post
I actually was thinking about this just the other day.

The community has lost quite a few of its greatest members. How? More than often the community itself (or at least small parts of it ) have driven them away. The community as a whole however hold these people in great respect. This got me wondering. If a community can actively come together for the greater good (band together for a petition) , is it possible for a community to passively come together for the greater good?

If members of our little niche had a place safe from the morons and jerks who drive them out, would we not be stronger as a community? I was thinking it be simple yet strict. A site or forum with zero toleration of any negative displays of any kind. People could sign up as members. If they offend anyone, they get perma-baned in order to protect the community as a whole. Artists could even post their own rules and regulations of their individual pages. If an artist doesn't like being asked when they will finish their next piece, they say so on their page. If someone asks, they get banned, so that the artist can keep to his/her work, at his/her own pace, unobstructed.

Essentially we all submit to a strict set of rules, but we stop loosing some of our best and brightest. It would not be mandatory if you only wanted to view the site, only to contribute to it. It may not be perfect but its something.

I don't know, just a thought.
i've been thinking of the same thing honestly.
just not as strict. if things were too strict, it would discourage people from comment in fear of getting kicked and not wanting to deal with it.
lordaltros is offline   Reply With Quote