Thread: berrygirl
View Single Post
Unread 03-28-2014   #43
lordaltros
Frequent Poster

Re: berrygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mman123 View Post
I do agree, but then again I can think of quiet a few artists who have left simply because they received one too many "I love your work so much, you should make more" type of comments.

I am not saying bring about an inquisition, but if artists are truly leaving just because they can't get any protection from their own fans, than maybe things will change if we offer them some.

I don't know, not an artist, just a thought, not trying to start a fight, please don't hate me.
wasn't thinking you were trying to start a fight. your point is valid.

the problem is, you have to find a balance.
from what i'm hearing, a good part of the reason why EM went to the shitter is due to the way they came down on people.

artists can be sensitive and hard to predict. some people don't realize or even think of this.

for me, a comment like, "you're stuff is awesome. you should do more." makes me feel good and gives me motivation. but that's me
other artists can take it the wrong way because of other issues. things that are effecting their ability to produce stuff that they're satisfied with and want to post. things like problems at work and or home can easily kill an artists motivation.
and when an artist is in a total rut trying their damnedest to get what motivation and inspiration they can, a simple comment like that can send them right off the edge and cause them to rage quite the whole damn thing.

another thing that can cause an artist to get burnt out is being asked to draw the same thing over and over again.
i know of one in particular that got burned out because people kept asking him to draw sphere women. and that's all he was getting commissioned for.
now, i know that people would say something like "why's he getting upset, he's getting paid for it."
there gets to a point when money can only motivate an artist so much.
especially when they have a huge range of different things they can draw,
and only being asked for one. and one that's not even that diverse.

this is something that can be tricky and needs a lot of thought and planning put into it.
lordaltros is offline   Reply With Quote