The Process Forum - View Single Post - Female Werewolf needles in a haystack
View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2017   #678
gwsfox
Process Fan

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
Bad news/good news about the “AWIL” remake. I just checked the IMDb entry, and Anna Akana’s name has been removed from the casting credits (as well as the guy playing Jack, but I forgot his name, and really, who here on this board cared about his role?). The good news: the synopsis is still the same, meaning it’s still supposed to star a female werewolf. Again, this makes sense to me, not only because of all the gender-switching reboots lately (they just announced a gender-switched “What About Bob?” remake for T.V. called “What About Barb?”), but, even though it’s a classic, the original “AWIL” had such an incredibly simplistic story (guy gets bitten by a werewolf and turns into one) that why would you remake it unless there was some kind of twist? In this case, here’s hoping they keep the twist of the female werewolf so we can finally have our holy grail, albeit in an accidental sorta way.
Sometimes the best stories are the simplistic ones. As for gender-switching roles....
As long as a lot of thought and care is present it can be passable or great.
Switching the gender of a character role in the story of a remake doesn't make it new or fresh. It can be an interesting idea, not a twist per-say but an interesting one none the less.
As for the AWIL remake, I would like to see a woman in the lead role. Making her the one bitten by and becoming a werewolf. In terms of story, you don't need to be complicated. Just be competent with writing and directing. I will hold judgement until a trailer is released.
As for movie effects......
CGI is the most likely out come. A transformation scene with nudity would be nice, but movie ratings may keep that from happening. Pray for a R rating or an unrated version on DVD.
We will most likely get a PG-13 rating.
gwsfox is offline   Reply With Quote