The Process Forum - View Single Post - Female Werewolf needles in a haystack
View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2017   #680
RayO_ElGatubelo
Skirt-chasing TF Lover

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
I fear you may be right about the “PG-13” rating to ensure a larger audience than an “R” rating (and, hence, more money for the studio; this was one of the problems with “Cursed”), in which case we can forget about nudity, but I still have hopes for at least some practical effects. Here’s my theory as to why: It’s well known that Landis is a self-described “nerd” who’s on the Internet a whole lot. It’s also well known that if you read most of the online comments about his father’s original classic, which I’m sure he has, you learn that one of the reasons 99% of the die-hard fans of “AWIL” love it is because of the old-school, practical effects used in the film and, specifically, in the iconic TF scene. Again, even from a non-fetish standpoint, they love the realism and horror of that scene, so it makes sense that he would try to replicate the success of that, except with the twist that it’s now a woman. (Otherwise, why remake it?)
Of course, "R" rated movies are in vogue again, and nostalgia is so strong that people will probably scream bloody murder if the movie isn't rated "R" and bloody like the original was.
RayO_ElGatubelo is online now   Reply With Quote