The Process Forum - View Single Post - Lucky Mallet - Shrink Fan Comics
View Single Post
Unread 07-02-2019   #9
scidram
Frequent Poster

Re: Lucky Mallet - Shrink Fan Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll-Elf View Post
The littlest Sister had a complete story, but felt like that was it. That's fine, it was a good story.
Thanks for the shout-out! So glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossmol View Post
"Escape Room" - a creep tricks a group of pretty girls into a puzzle room, who have to figure out how to escape while shrinking.
That's a fantastic idea!

On this topic, I don't mind waiting for the next part because I expect that the comics in between will be interesting too. For the most part, I've really enjoyed the diversity of comics--both in shrinking subject matter and in one-shot vs. series balance. There have only been a very small number of comics in the ShrinkFan catalog that I didn't care for. And that's another reason I don't mind waiting. I'd rather wait six or more months for a second and third part that I really like than endure two or three consecutive months of a series I don't like.

But if anyone wants more one-shot stories, then write one. To keep production going, there needs to be scripts, and if many of those scripts are part of a series, that's what's going to get produced. I've tried to balance that myself in my own submissions. Out of the three scripts I've submitted, two of them (A Small Sacrifice & The Littlest Sister) are one-shots, and the other (Laundry Day) was the first of a planned series. I'm writing others, including one that would span several installments. If they select it, great, and if they don't, they don't.

Overall, I'm just grateful that they exist, that they welcome submissions, and that they put out consistently solid content. I wish they had enough subscribers to warrant putting out two comics a month like GiantessFan, but we all know the SW community is smaller to the much larger GTS community. Pun inevitably intended.