free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - "Rouge" update - A lot of information
View Single Post
Unread 05-25-2019   #1
danielsangeo
Process Moderator

"Rouge" update - A lot of information

Greetings, folks!

I think it's time for y'all to get some more insight about what's happening with "Rouge", my TG movie.

First, the bad news: I am nowhere near where I want to be with the script. I've been hammering away at it and nothing seems to be working. This has made me incredibly anxious and upset that what I'm doing does not seem to be working. I essentially felt like a failure.

Until I watched a behind-the-scenes/making-of featurette for Pixar's "Inside Out", last night. In the featurette, Pete Docter, the director of Inside Out, spoke about the creation of the story. He spoke about how the many things they've tried (including making the character of Joy into a mean person) "just wasn't working". In the words of Docter, "As you're starting a project, it's kind of unknown. It's not like, 'Oh there's the land over there. We just go that way.' It's a big, foggy mess. The major elements in a story, you don't really know where those are going to come from, and sometimes, it's not so much the concept as it is people."

These words hit me like a sack of bricks. These professionals were having a very difficult time with turning the character of Joy into a likable, believable character, and it took a lot of work to even get the story down, and I'm no professional!

Believe it or not, I feel a lot more rejuvenated and revitalized after hearing these words and I think I know now what I need to do.

Right now, I've been in that "fog" for about two years over Rouge. I know the story I want to tell, but getting there is my main block.

So, here's where I'm going from here:

I need help. Help from YOU all. I would like to take on at least one more person onto the Rouge team (a team of one right now), someone who would like to get onto the project and help to make Rouge a reality.

The main thing I will need from you is your brain so that we can brainstorm ideas and get Rouge into working condition. The second main thing I need from you is confidentiality. I don't want the story of Rouge to be released to the public yet until I'm ready to go into pre-production.

If you'd like to help, please drop me a line here (or privately) and let's discuss things! Right now, this would be an unpaid gig (I am not getting paid, either!), but it could lead to something in the future.

Let me know! And thank you so much for reading!

Tell me, where in the world is Daniel Sandiego?
danielsangeo is offline   Reply With Quote