free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)
View Single Post
Unread 11-06-2019   #7739
Mazoku
Process Master

Re: Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Otto View Post
I'm 100% convinced that DC's writing staff is almost entirely comprised of evil conversion fetishists. It's a theme they've revisited over and over again, from FINAL CRISIS to BLACKEST NIGHT to DARK NIGHTS: METAL. They just can't stop flogging that evil horse.

https://www.newsarama.com/46515-four...-revealed.html

It's not like my inner fetishist is complaining (well...sort of), but considering these kind of stories are usually written with little regard to the lasting impact and trauma an evil metamorphosis would have on a character, the other side of me that's more into well-told narratives isn't particularly excited.
Yes, I often think that a realistic response would be to experience extreme humiliation, anger, and guilt, but characters usually shake off EC or vanilla mind control with no visible effect on them.

One of my favorite dealings with that was Hellcat's mini EC saga in Marvel Comics, The Defenders issues #94, #98-101, and #111, where she was transformed into a demonic hellcat and turned against her teammates on more than one occasion and resolved the issues it caused her in the very cool issue #111 "To the Devil a Daughter".

Plus, she may be the only Marvel character that got to punch Satan.

Last edited by Mazoku; 11-06-2019 at 01:35 AM.
Mazoku is offline   Reply With Quote