free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Marie in Wonderland Part - 2 *VOTING TIME*!
View Single Post
Unread 07-25-2012   #83
Jitensha
Sergio's little doll

Re: Marie in Wonderland Part - 2 *VOTING TIME*!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousDave View Post
I'm certainly not complaining about your decision to finish your comic (btw: yay!), but don't get creative satisfaction from your job? I imagine you work in the animation field, right? I think you said something about computer games, but my nemory might be off... :-)
I get plenty of creative satisfaction from my job, and I make games for devices (phones, tablets, etc). The only difference is that although I get a decent amount of creative freedom at my job, there is still always someone telling me what to do. I share my office with 20+ coworkers, we all want to make our own games, and we have plenty of client work that comes into the office. Chances that we will be working on what I want to work on is pretty slim. So really the difference between making a comic and making a game is being able to have COMPLETE creative freedom, compared to some.

Unfortunately, the game industry is just a market of limitations. Unless you're a huge game company with lots of investors, time is money, and if it takes more time to make something that loses money, it'll get cut. As an artist it was a hard lesson to learn, because we always want to give 100%. Because of time constraints, I've had to produce "B" work, or even..."C" work. I'm not saying my hands are clean from rushing in one of my comics before, but I don't think I've put out work there I'd be embarrassed about. I mean some of my first comics I think looked really crappy, but that's normal, that comes with time and improvement. I've literally put out games that I haven't told my family about, not because it has any inappropriate content, it's just bad art :P
[ My Twitter ]
🛡️⚔️ Join our FFXIV Size Kink Free Company:
"GIANT/tiny Inc.." on Faerie Server (Aether DC) /tell Jit Ensha 💎✨
Jitensha is offline   Reply With Quote