free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Paradox Alice
Thread: Paradox Alice
View Single Post
Unread 05-25-2013   #28
Rei-Lin
Process Master

Re: Paradox Alice

Well I won't lie, it's why I generally buy or watch any film, short or clip that contains any sort of transformation scene. I judge the film on the merits of the transformation itself and then if that part is good, I'll give the entire thing a watch. I guess it's because there's so few really good transformations of any kind out there that I can say are just downright amazing to watch that if it sucks, then I could care less about the rest of the movie because if the budget wasn't put into the transformation, what was it put in?

I think there can be a good mix of the two things of course, but as a fan of transformations of all kinds, if somebody is making a film that has a transformation theme as a centerpiece or at least a major factor in the film, they better do it right! It's one of the reasons for example that I enjoyed the Underworld series but only watched the first two once. They set up a lot of money shots and then used CG and didn't give us a real meaty transformation scene, just bits and pieces of transformations with lots of cuts and with wolves that ended up looking more like cats. Good, but not great for me.

I can't wait to get home and unwrap my copy and of course, watch the transformation and hopefully get a real kick out of it. Then once I get off the floor from being blown over, I'll give the film a watch.