free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Gen V Shrinking Scene
View Single Post
Unread 11-19-2023   #19
Raso719
Frequent Poster

Re: Gen V Shrinking Scene

It definitely feels like world building and consistency are no longer considered important factors in modern American TV, cinema and streaming. I partly want to blame it on the immense ego of the writers and directors, but honestly it's so wide spread ot must be part of something more systemic.

I feel like there's still a way for them to tie how hee shrinking works into a coherent way but I Higley doubt they care.

I do hope we see a scene where she shrinking out of control. But more so I also hope we get to see her enjoy her shrinking. I feel like the BTS comments inform us how the current creative team views a woman being shrunk. Like her shrinking was 110% consensual and they acted like the worst part wasn't her lame and selfish partner but that she was small. Fuck that. I genuinely believe they writers have established a clear trend that small Emma is bad and big Emma is good. I think if they're going to be consistent about anything they'll hellbent on keeping that message pretty clear.
Raso719 is offline   Reply With Quote