Thread: Fairy TF
View Single Post
Unread 04-27-2016   #23
catfish27
Frequent Poster

Re: Fairy TF

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish27 View Post
I was interested in looking for it, and I have a long-term goal to read all the Chalker works I can -- but somehow I got "G.O.D., Inc." stuck in my brain instead of "Dancing Gods."
I've now read the five "Dancing Gods" books.

The main fairy TF occurs in the first book, "River of the Dancing Gods." Technically, it's a transformation from a human into one type of faerie, a Kauri, which is a supernatural being straight out of Jack L. Chalker's brain -- basically, the "good" version of a succubus, which appears to men in the guise of their ultimate fantasy woman and then has sex with them, feeding on their guilt and other negative emotions, including any guilt they may have about sex with a Kauri. (Obviously, I wish this was something that actually existed.)

And then in the fifth book, "Horrors of the Dancing Gods," the Kauri character is corrupted and becomes a succubus.

Interestingly, both of these TFs occur gradually -- I wouldn't say the process is incredibly detailed, but they at least go on for more pages/chapters than the typical Chalker transformation.