free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Awil remake female lead rumor
View Single Post
Unread 05-01-2017   #13
Galyo
Process Fan

Re: Awil remake female lead rumor

I still have not watched Ghostbusters 2016 yet.

Everything about it has always turned me off the moment they started marketing this thing; the fact that they replaced the entire cast and titled the movie simply "Ghostbusters", as if to erase everything that came before it were probably my biggest irks. I know it might sound like a minor detail to some people, but to me it really shows what the producers intend for this movie to convey. I hate this modern trend of "rebranding" old IPs and I wish it would die off.

I did watch the trailer of the 2016 movie, but it just looked like a rather predictable modern comedy to me. I know that Ghostbusters was primarily a comedy back in the day, but at the same time I think there was more going on then that and it also had some rather spooky stuff in it as well. I also think that, judging from what I've seen of the 2016 movie so far, the Ghostbusters-cast try really hard to be funny, instead of just working with a natural chemistry and letting the jokes "write themselves", so to speak. I don't know...

It's hard to explain. To me, this is similar to when people say they want to have a movie based on The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy starring John Cleese... Yes, THGTTG can definitely be classified as a comedy, but there's a lot more going on than just the comedy... Does that make sense? :P Sorry for my rambling.