View Single Post
Unread 02-15-2014   #3
Memorex75
Process Fan

Ch.3

Surrogate Goddess
Pt.3
Breakfast on an Empty Stomach

Jena dimly started to wake. She had slept surprisingly well considering she could only manage sleeping on her back like a turtle. She opened her eye’s looking at the clock on the night stand, 10:30 not to late in the morning. She turned her face up to the ceiling and gasped. “Good morning dear.” Ninhursag said as she floated a few feet above Jena’s sheets. “What the hell are you doing up there?” Jena asked. “Well I don’t sleep so what else am I supposed to do.” “I am your midwife, it’s my job to keep an eye on you.” Ninhursag said. “Midwife?” Jena said remembering her situation, She pulled down the sheets. Two large wet spots marked her shirt over her breasts. “Grose.” She said and pulled the large sports shirt up. Jena’s once flat stomach was now a sizeable gut, rising a few good inches from her frame. I, I, I, Oh.... She groaned and leaped from the bed, she had to pee.

Jena shuffled into her now very small en suite bathroom and sat down gingerly to do her business. After nearly a full minute with no signs of slowing Jena knew she was experiencing another abnormal aspect of her situation. The sent of fresh urine wafted to Jena’s nose and she felt another famous symptom of pregnancy boil in her stomach. Jena had just enough time to lean over the tub before she puked her guts out with morning sickness. “That’s one thing I sure don’t miss.” Ninhursag said walking through the closed bathroom door. “What have you done to me?” Jena groaned. “Oh you have it so bad.” Ninhursag replied. “Talk to me after a couple of eons like that and maybe I’ll feel sorry for you.” Jena retched several more times. After the ordeal of the morning was over Jena sat back panting. “You’ll get used to it dear.” Ninhursag said trying to comfort her. “Now common Brooke has been up and busy for hours and she’s making Breakfast.” She faded out of the room. To Jena’s surprise one last retch brought up the very last in her stomach. “Least I’ll be hungry.” Jena said sarcastically.

Jena waddled into the kitchen and sat down in her usual place, the good scents of cooking reminded her just how empty her now settled stomach was. “Sleep well?” Brooke said looking over her shoulder. She stood in front of the stove with two frying pans and an empty box of a dozen eggs. “Oh sleeping was not the problem.” Jena replied. “Oh I had to get a dramatic one.” Ninhursag’s voice rang out as she materialized in the empty chair next to her. “Jena is just a little moody after her first round of morning sickness.” “Oh.” Brooke said thoughtfully not wanting to touch that one. “Well when I woke up this morning I had so much energy I got dressed in the only thing that fit me, a big baggy sports shirt, and ran around the block six times.” Brooke said excitedly. “Then I when out and got us some close that would fit, I even found maternity clothes for you.” Oh great. Jena thought. Brooke emptied one of the two frying pans onto a plate. Golden scrambled eggs with bacon and a large pile of buttered toast. Jena’s heart sank as Brooke put that plate down at her spot and started emptying the second pan. A plain egg white omelet with dry toast was placed in front of Jena and she stared daggers at Brooke. “Her orders not mine.” Brooke said pointing at Ninhursag. “If you touch one thing on her plate girl it will all come back up again, trust me.” Ninhursag said. Jena sullenly picked up her fork. Brooke stepped back from the fridge with a cup of coffee in one had and an empty milk carton in the other. It had been Jena’s turn to go shopping, Brooke pointedly looked down at the stains on Jena’s shirt. “Your having it black this morning.” Jena hissed around a mouthful of egg.

After Breakfast Jena and Brooke dressed in there new clothes. Jena reigned herself to the fact that giant sweat pants and a shirt that could have doubled as a sail was all that would fit her but she did a double take when she saw Brooke’s out fit. Brooke had on a pink halter top that was clearly several sizes to small with at least eight inches of cleavage showing on the once modest young woman, a pair of cut off gean shorts that were also excessively revealing competed the en sambal. Jena looked at her like she’d gone mad and as they sat down at the table again Brooke asked what was the matter? Jena just shrugged and shook hear head nothing. Jena and Brooke sat and talked strategy with there new ancient roommate. “So where exactly should we be running to?” Brooke asked. “We need to get some where like a desert were there is little water.” “Enki is the god of the waters and he draws strength from large bodies of water.” “Well Arizona is a few days drive from here and it’s nothing but desert.” Brooke offered. “Then that is where we must go.” Ninhursag said. “Will Theodore be ok if Enki finds him?” Jena asked in a worried tone. “Unfortunately he will be just fine.” Ninhursag replied. “If your lover is possessed by Enki he will be basically invincible even for Brooke.” “How am I supposed to fight something like that?” Brooke asked. “You have all the skills and powers of the goddess of war.” Ninhursag replied. “You are an expert in hand fighting and can create any weapon you desire from an object of equal size.” With an excited look on her face Brooke picked up a butter knife and it slowly became soft and then changed into a survival knife. “Why don’t I get cool powers?” Jena whined. “Oh you are powerful dear.” Ninhursag said. “Every pregnant woman for miles will have healthily babies in your presence and any woman trying to get pregnant will on her first try.” “Great.” Jena said sarcastically. “What else can I do?” Brooke beamed. “You are also responsible for love and sexual relations dear.” “You may experience some strange urges and behaviour.” Ninhursag said. Haha. Jena roared. “That explains the outfit, your also a whore.” Brooke fumed.

Pound, Pound, Pound. Came from the front door. “Who could that be toda....” Jena’s question cut short. Brooke’s face changed to a stony mask at the sound of the knocking. “Jena you and Ninhursag go out the back and get into your car.” “I’m going to see who it is.” As Brooke rose she took both Jena’s and her own silverware in hand. Pound, Pound, Pound. It was all the prompting Jena needed to rush to the back door and gab her keys off the hook. Brooke stood in the doorway to the kitchen staring at the frosted glass in the large oak front door, a figure stood behind it. Pound, Pound, Crash as the door literally flew off it’s hinges and crashed into the wall next to Brooke, she didn’t even flinch. “Jena you home baby?” A voice called from the doorway. Theodore Jackman was not what Brooke remembered, Large sculpted muscle covered every inch of him and even his face looked more attractive than Brooke remembered. It looked like if Vin Diesel and Brad Pitt had a baby, for some strange reason Brooke was turned on but she immediately squashed the feeling. “Your not getting anywhere near her this time Enki.” Brooke said. The gorgeous man looked at her confused for a moment. “Ishtar?” “Is that you?” “So you have decided to throw in your lot with my mislead wife?” “And not only that but only blessed instead of possessed your unfortunate mortal?” “I’m here for my friend.” Brooke replied but she didn’t know if it was she who had said it at that moment or the goddess in her head. “So be it.” Enki replied and took a step forward.

Brooke flung three of her utensils at the man so fast even she did not know how she did it. As they left her hands they became perfect throwing knives and each berried itself into Enki’s thigh, gut, and right in the heart. Enki did not even slow as the knives hit him with a thud and grappled with Brooke in the middle of the living room. Brooke was amazed at how strong she was, it felt like she could push a mountain by herself but the huge man in front of her was a match in strength if not stronger. Knowing this would not end well for her Brooke stamped on his foot, gave a quick jab to his solar plexuses and stepping back slashed the side of his neck with the last of her knives. Enki grinned as a spurt of blood came from his neck and then the wound closed. Brooke flung the last knife at him and turned to run for the back door, Enki did not even slow from his casual pursuit as the knife hit his chest with a meaty thunk.

Fortunately Enki apparently didn’t understand the concept that almost everyone owned a car in this time because as he strolled out onto the back porch Brooke had already backed out of the driveway. Enki practically flew off the porch and dashed down the drive and nearly caught up to them in the time it took Brooke to put the car in gear. He jogged down the street nearly a block before he gave up pursuit. “Holy shit was that Theodore?” Jena screamed from the back seat. “It was a whole lot more than Theo.” Brooke replied as she drove.

This will not do. Enki thought as he stood in the street and wrenched the knives from his body. I was not prepared for that battle whore to be there and I had even brought that weapon this pitiful mortal had in his home but did not think I’d need it. No matter. I will track down that girl and next time I will be ready for her body guard. Enki turned and walked down the street.
Memorex75 is offline   Reply With Quote