View Single Post
Unread 02-15-2014   #7
Memorex75
Process Fan

Ch.7

Surrogate Goddess
pt.7
Spelunking, and Other Fun Activities for Pregnancy

A hand poked out of the rubble that was the main office of the shabby edge of town hotel. “Damn her!” A voice called out from under the debris. “This is the second time that girl has managed to get away.” Enki roared. A body guard seemed like an amusing idea at first but Ishtar was more than capable of stopping him. He had actually been rendered unconscious, even though that had been because his head had been caved in it still was annoying. “What the hell happened here?” A voice called out, the mortal inn keeper had been drawn by the nosie. Enki began to walk out of the pile of rubble and the insect actually had the nerve to grab him by the arm. “If you release me now you can live peasant.” Enki said. “What the hell happened to my hotel?” The man roared, ignoring him and still stopping him from going. Enki grabbed the man’s neck so hard he was dead before he was thrown so hard he was buried under the remains of his hotel. “I do not kill without a reason but I don’t have the patents today for you creatures.” He said. If it was not for these creatures Ninhursag would never have got this fool notion of a baby in the first place and we would still be being worshipped by the Sumerians right now.

“I know it’s hard Jena but we have to get supplies for the caves and I can’t leave you.” Brooke said. “I’m..... coming.....” Jena said pushing herself out of the backseat with an effort. “I sure can’t go at your pace though.” “Well I guess it’s luck you look more.... over weight, than ready to have a litter.” Brooke said and Jena turned red with anger. “Litter?!” She nearly screamed in the parking lot. “So now I’m just passing for fat hun?” “Ok, Ok I’m sorry Jena but we could sell tickets to you taking your shirt off, it’s just you look passable dressed like that, especially for Walmart.” “Do you have any idea how uncomfortable I am?” “Ninhursag says I’m going to get even BIGGER!” She was full out screaming at the end. “Keep your voice down.” Brooke begged. Jena began weeping and leaned against the car, thankfully no one was staring. “It’s gonna be ok Jena.” Brooke tried to calm her friend as she coped with the mood swing from hell. “We’ll just get what we need and get out, trust me no one will take a second glance at you.” Jena looked up at her friend confused.

“My god.” Jena said. “I blend right in.” She marvelled at the crowd of people so oblivious to the fact a fertility goddess walked among them. “It’s a Walmart in Arizona.” Brooke said. “I would be surprised if there isn’t someone bigger than you in here.” While Brooke got the water, food, and survival gear Jena walked amongst her people. She had convinced Brooke Enki wouldn’t kill her in a crowd this big even if he knew where they were and so she wandered the store. Jena had a crazy idea and headed for the clothing department. “I knew it.” She as Ninhursag discreetly appeared behind a display. “What?” Ninhursag asked as she fallowed. “They have my size.” Jena practically sang as she tugged at the now far to small sweat pants.

Brooke walked around the camping aisle, lanterns, eight man tent, two man tent for herself, cooking supplies. From her trip around the store she already had food, lots of water and cushions from the furniture department to help make Jena comfortable but she still needed one thing. “Excuse me?” she asked one of the men working the department, he practically drooled when he saw her and she remembered to quickly turn down the charm. “Me and a friend from work are going on a hiking trip to some caves a few hours from here and I was wondering if you had any climbing equipment?” A little too eagerly the athletic 20 something started to nod and said. “Yeah we got some, not as good as some shops that specialize but we can help you out.” “What cave are you going to?” “Oh I really don’t know the name.” Brooke wished she was playing the ditz but even Ishtar knew nothing about mountain climbing. “It’s only a few hours from here I heard though.” “Oh you must mean Buddha cave.” He said showing her to the racks of climbing tools. “Not a vary impressive cave though, you won’t need much but the basics for that.” Buddha cave? Brooke nearly dropped dead at the coincidence but some how managed to keep a straight face, she’d never tell Jena the name. “Just a really big tunnel, it has a bit of an incline but not much else.” He said. Brooke looked sceptically at the ropes and hoists. “Um, my friend, she’s a little....” Brooke pointedly looked at a vary large man in the hunting section. “Un hun.” The worker said. “Well then you guys may want to invest in something a little higher end, don’t want a strap failing even if you’ll only get bumps and scrapes from the fall.” Brooke picked out everything they needed and leaned in close to the store clerk, he looked down at her and got a perfect view down her top. “Thanks,” she said breathaly, “couldn’t have done it without you.” She glided away and in her mind she heard. “Hypocrite.” “What?” She thought to herself. “This way he wouldn’t remember the specifics.” “Tell yourself what ever you have to.” Ishtar said.

Jena stood in the large change room and stared at herself in the full length mirror. Her body was by all normal standards a ruin, her once tight curves now more resembled hills, her breasts had only swollen since her little incident with Brooke and her hips looked wider than when she started this disaster. God my stomach is huge. She thought to herself. “I hear how you girls talk about weight.” Ninhursag said appearing behind her. “I know I’ve said it before but I’m so sorry for all that’s happened to you Jena.” “I’ll be back to normal when this is all over?” Jena asked nervously. “Yes I promise you will be returned to your original form after the birth.” Ninhursag said and Jena turned as she saw the ghostly woman actually had tears in her eyes. “I just have no way of thanking all the young women that came before you Jena.” “Women that knowingly put there lives on the line for the vary idea of me and died for it.” “Well I can’t speak for them and honestly I wouldn’t have been the one to volunteer for this but you deserve to be a mother Ninhursag, you’ve cared for the whole world before yourself for centuries, I can’t think of a better mother than that.” Jena said honestly. Ninhursag stared at her on the verge of breaking down and then threw her arms around Jena in what would have been a hug but she went right through Jena and disappeared. Jena had never thought about how a goddess could feel guilt for what had happened but if one could it would have been Ninhursag. Suddenly Jena felt sharp pain in her stomach and looked down. The baby had started to kick, a small lump shot up on her round belly and she felt like she was getting kicked there by a full grown man. “Oh Damn.” She groaned. “Isn’t that supposed to feel good.” She rapped her arms around her stomach and road out her beating. “Way to ruin the moment kid.” Jena said. When the baby had calmed Jena finished changing, found the few outfits that fit her new size, the whole time praying they would still fit through the rest of this ordeal, and staggered out of the change room.

At the check out Jena spotted a disposable camera on the rack and the thought of how absurd she looked and for some reason it finally struck home. Jena started to laugh right in the middle of line. People around her looked like she was going nuts and after several seconds she stopped and grabbed the camera to add to her cloths. Jena met up with Brooke out side and Brooke raised an eyebrow at the bags she carried. “Well you seem back to your old self.” Brooke said. “Not really.” Jena groaned and explained the new development. Brooke looked concerned as Jena described it and asked what Ninhursag said. “She needs some time.” Jena said explaining there talk in the change room.

It was past mid day by the time they reached the start of the trail that lead the short distance to the caves. It was real dessert country out this far, small rocky hills blocked the view of where the path snaked off to. “I’ll come back for the supplies after we get you inside.” Brooke said. Jena looked at the heavy duty straps Brooke was unloading and grimmest at the thought this was probably what they used to hoist animals around. Jena carried only the lightest of bags as Brooke would not let her do anything else and Ninhursag agreed as she instructed them to be vary carful in the caves. Brooke looked like she carried half a camp site on her back with the giant pack she had but was not even strained. She picked up one of the heavy looking swords from the back of the car and examined it and after strapping on several other weapons marched down the trail.

At the mouth of the cave Jena stoped Brooke and pulled out the camera. “And exactly what is that for?” Brooke asked. “Oh come on.” “After all this shouldn’t we have a souvenir.” Jena asked. “We’ll never be able to show it to anyone.” Brooke argued. “Yeah but.... come on we do look a little hilarious don’t we?” Jena answered. “I think pregnancy has finally driven you mad.” Brooke said but put down her pack laughing. “I probably will never look this good again.” she said. Jena set the camera on a rock and set the timer. The two women stood side by side grinning as the flash went off and Jena pocketed the camera. “Won’t all this be fond mamories.” she said juggling her breasts. Two small stains appeared on her shirt and Brooke literally fell down laughing, Jena just made a depressed face. The cave was as promised not all that steep but the first twenty or thirty feet they would need ropes to manage the slope. Jena groaned as she put her weight on the harness for the first time. With Brookes strength lowering Jena down was not a problem but the way the harness sunk into Jena’s soft fleshy butt made her cringe. “Is it to late to destroy that camera?” Jena panted. “Don’t you dare, I only wish I could get a shot of your ass right now so you could never live it down.” Brooke laughed. The strain Jena was under was almost unbearable, the simple walk from the car tired her but the effort it took to climb down this slope was horrible. Half way down she had to stop clutching her stomach and huffing air deeply. I can’t fall from here and risk hurting the baby Jena thought, it kicked fiercely and Jena felt like she was being torn apart, she forced more staggered steps. At the bottom Jena nearly collapsed and rested on the ground, the sweat rolling down her face as Brooke lowered down boxes of supplies. After there gear was all down Brooke fallowed and they hiked by lantern light down the dusty desert cave. At a small wide bend in the cave Brooke began setting up the tents. “When Jena begins to give birth I should be able to handle taking care of her.” Ninhursag said appearing next to the huge tent. “But you can’t touch anything.” Jena said. “When you begin to give birth you will be completely the goddess Jena, as a spiritual being myself I will be able to physically touch you and the baby.” “It will naturally be a perfect birth with no complications but..... I’m afraid it may still hurt as much as normal childbirth Jena.” Jena took a deep breath. “Well I had to pay for stealing at some point.” Jena said figuring the necklace. “And If Enki shows up?” Brooke asked. “Well he doesn’t know where we are but I wouldn’t put it past him to find us.” Ninhursag said. “You will have to stop him at all costs from getting into this cave, we know you can do it.” She said looking sad and Jena knew she expected to be guilty for another young woman vary soon.

Jena and Brooke lay in there tents in the dark cave. “Tomorrow this will be all over.” Jena said wincing as the baby kicked again. “Jena, If I don’t make it tomorrow....” Brooke said. “You will Brooke.” Jena said sternly. “Trust Ishtar and be careful and you will make it.” “Yeah.” Brooke said weakly and was silent. “Ishtar?” Jena said. “Don’t you dare let her get scared and die out there.” “Oh I don’t intend to.” Ishtar’s voice rang out.
Memorex75 is offline   Reply With Quote