View Single Post
Unread 02-15-2014   #10
Memorex75
Process Fan

Ch.10

Surrogate Goddess
Pt.10
The Memento

Jena and Brooke went back to there lives at school explaining they took a spontaneous vacation trip hiking and exploring caves and Brooke got her shoulder broken in an accident. Aside from they’re grades taking a nock for the week they missed no one questioned it and no one knew what really happened in that strange summer week off.

Jena got home and called to Brooke. “Brooke it’s done, want to see?” “I can’t believe you got that picture developed.” Brooke said coming around the corner. “What did the guy say when he looked at you?” She asked. “Actually the only thing he said was it was strange we developed it with just one picture on it.” “I guess he never noticed it was me in the picture.” Jena grinned. She pulled the picture out of the envelope and stared at it. “Haha. I guess we can put it up after all.” Jena said handing Brooke the photo. Brooke and Jena stood at the mouth of the cave in the photo, they both looked perfectly normal. Standing between the two women Ninhursag stood, arms crossed with a scowl on her face that screamed “What do you think your doing?” The two women laughed.

A few years later Jena had married Theodore they moved to they’re own house and enjoyed a happy marriage. One night Theo sat Jena down on the couch and wanted to talk about the future. Theo was dancing around the question and Jena wanted to know what was so important. “Honey we’ve been married a few months and I want to start thinking about starting a family but I know how you feel on that subject.” It wasn’t that Jena was against having a baby she loved Theo but she’d had enough of pregnancy from her first time around. “Well if your scared of the pain and trouble of pregnancy.....” Theo said looking at the wall. On the wall hung a decorative frame that held the picture of her and Brooke and the necklace that no one ever came looking for, it was a gift from the goddess after all. Jena paled but took hold of Theo’s hand.

The End.
Memorex75 is offline   Reply With Quote