free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - New eBook: THE WHITE BOY WHO BECAME A LATINA!
View Single Post
Unread 08-05-2018   #4
MindiFlyth
Frequent Poster

Re: New eBook: THE WHITE BOY WHO BECAME A LATINA!

I'm part Latina myself and this certainly wasn't meant as an attack on my own people! If you read the actual story, the guy doesn't set out to be a Latina. He swaps lives with a Latina accidentally and then she likes being a boy and doesn't want to swap back... so, the argument could be made that if anybody's culture is being "appropriated," she's doing it to him!

I knew when I wrote this story that some people might say it was culturally insensitive or sexist and some people might say it was stridently feminist or anti-white. It's not meant as an attack on anybody. The guy starts the story as a privileged, wealthy white boy lusting after a poor Latina without knowing her as a person, and through his own actions he ends up forced to literally see things through her eyes. She's got plenty to say about the situation and ultimately she's the one who takes control in the story. It's just intended to be a fun, sexy fantasy with some edge, and I hope readers will enjoy it in that spirit.
MindiFlyth is offline   Reply With Quote