free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Genyun's corner of various stuffs.
View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2016   #136
Buzy
Process Fan

Re: Genyun's corner of various stuffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenYun View Post
Thanks man!
And experimentation is right. I'm mainly playing around with facial expression, trying to express a certain state of mind that can be easily picked up on.
If it means anything, I've always preferred more "human" werewolves when it cames to face specifically because of how you can play with expression.

It's one thing for a wolf-headed werewolf to snarl at somebody.

One with a more human-faced design(or -very- short hairless muzzle that is just a -slightly- lengthened human face given a more feral anatomy) however... it's as if the effect is actually enhanced for me because it's that face who still had clear roots in something more "civilized" suddenly looking so savage.... it's as if the contrast actually make the werewolf even more savage.

As if the human traits reminding one that this character -used- to be human just make the "werewolf" traits and savage behavior drive even more that they are not "human" anymore but indeed this very savage thing.

Whether done as the "savage slavering beast" deal(driving this message of "this might have been a thinking person before, but you're really better to run now") or the cunning, but now still much less uninhibited, "sentient" werewolf. The still able to think and talk but now totally freed of their inhibitions... and more than happy to show it with a most wicked grin of savage joy(I think that a lot of your "evil smile" Futacola post-TF smiles show
something very close to what I'm talking about).

I'd actually be curious to sometimes see more of your werewolf pics changing or "fully" changed(depending on how you actually picture them) in a brighter lighting like a lit room, just to better see stuff like that.
Sadly while a lot of the more nightly shots are very great mood-wise, too often a lot of the features are so obscured it's hard to make precise details out. The facial details are often the ones which suffer the most often as a result.

Edit: This said... I'll admit I'd like to really just know, or see, how you imagine a fully changed werewolf to look like. Some of your werewolves pictures have shown a lot of stuff moodwise, so I'm kind of curious how you imagine the "ideal" werewolf in your eyes when it comes to design/features.
Some people really enjoy the big bestial biped wolves designs... other very much prefer the more "lupine-styled features" human-sized designs with savage but still hairless and human-proportioned faces and so on. So color me curious to know what's your preference because so far you also seem rather skilled at these renders =)

Last edited by Buzy; 01-21-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Buzy is offline   Reply With Quote