free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Expansion Comics is Online!
View Single Post
Unread 11-22-2006   #28
Bambi_Blaze

Hi babes

Wow! Nice topic here about the new expansion comic site, and thanks to thefatman for getting the word out!

Ok, first off the feedback is great - positive & negative, so thanks!

Secondly, we see this as a way for artists to make $$$ for your work. Each comic on the site has been purchased by M & L Productions, with artists being compensated immediately upon completion and delivery. If you'd like to offer a sample submission please contact drcuvy@bambiblaze.com, drcury is the expansioncomics publisher and he'll be glad to talk to any and all artists.

Thirdly, please keep in mind that our current EC artists ARE contributors here at The Process and deviantArt. Seeing comments posted here that the quality of the art isn't that great just may offend guys/gals that you interact with on at least a weekly basis. Personally, I think the art is great and considering that we've giving some up and coming artist a platform for getting his/her work out there with the potential of advancing their techniques is a good thing. Of course, we're all intitled to 'freedom of speech' so this is only a suggestion offered with a little background info. (It may not be an adequated judge anyway until an entire comic is viewed.)

We're very excited about this new site. The EC community will offer a venue for expansion artists to publish their ADULT content in the member's section, the FREE forum & gallery without certain content restrictions that we've all noticed at dA and a few other platforms. Also, the EC is a "comic expansion" themed website. In otherwords, the content provided there will exclusively be expansion comics...not one page artwork but story/bubble lines with expansion art.

Personally, I believe the artists here at The Process are FANTASTIC. This is one reason we approached some of the artists here, and as is your choice, some of you said YES I wanna work for EC and some of you declined which is of course your personal right and we fully understand.

Regarding complaints "it's a paysite"...hey, we had to PAY the aritists - and babes...I personally don't have a money tree growing in my backyard...so recouping our investment with intentions of hopefully receiving a monetary gain to reinvest back into the site and OUR artists in the community can only be a good thing in my opinion.

Lastly, we previously checked with our legal department regarding 'character use' in our comics and we're in compliance with copyright and trademark laws.

Hope this clears up some of the buzz going around so that the community will know where we're coming from.

Hugs!
~Bams~

Last edited by Bambi_Blaze; 11-22-2006 at 07:30 AM.