free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Swimming In His Shirt
View Single Post
Unread 06-25-2006   #9
Case Scenario
Frequent Poster

Critique

It's very nice. I don't think anyone will complain that she looks too short. That really just emphasizes what makes such images so enticing for so many of us, the trappings of a masculine individual becoming overwhelming as his attributes are lost and replaced with an idealized femininity. I find it's a bit of a sadistic impulse, to envision the subject's strengths being stolen from them, making them vulnerable. The shirt is a marvelous device for creating the impression of humiliation and loss. I wouldn't mind seeing shoes or pants added, to increase the effect... this "dynamic cloth utility" seems like a Godsend.
If I may make some suggestions, I'd like to mention aspects of the figure herself... her chest seems a little "lumpy" on her left, and it looks like it's breaking the line of tension along the collar of the shirt on her right. Her face is strange, with severe cheekbones and a pointed chin. Her eyes are small, and perhaps too far apart.
That's all I can think to add... it's a million times better than anything I could do with poser of course, and much better than many of the poser artists I've seen besides. Good work!
Case Scenario is offline   Reply With Quote