The Process Forum - View Single Post - The Magic School Bus: Halloween Special
View Single Post
Unread 03-28-2013   #7
LycanDope
Smutty Lady

Re: The Magic School Bus: Halloween Special

Chapter 2
---------

At the top of the stairs, Arnold took the first door on his left, elbowing it open. The door had a large number '1' painted on the front and, looking down the hallway, there were seven similar rooms. It was a simple room with a bed, small table, dresser and closet. A single bulb hung from the center of the room. Keesha walked in to pull the chain, setting the now lit bulb to swing gently in a circle.

Without a word, Tim and Arnold lay Ralphie's dead body on the small bed. The body looked dessicated; the clothes lay flat on a body now half the size. They huddled around the foot of the bed, staring. Phoebe whispered in the unnatural silence. "What do we tell his wife?" She reached out for Arnold's arm, her hand going down to his hand to squeeze. "What are we going to do, Arnold?" Arnold squeezed her hand back and then let go.

"I'm not staying in here." He told everyone. To his amazement, his lack of willingness to stay in the room wasn't due to fear. His nerves were calm as he considered the situation. No, he thought. It's not fear. I want to protect them all. I want to get us all out of here in one piece. "I think we should do what Dorothy Ann wants. We spread out and look for Liz. The lizard. The thing. Wanda, will you come with me? And then Carlos and Keesha? Tim and Phoebe? Janet, do you want to come with me? Janet?"

Janet broke her gaze away from Ralphie's body. "Oh. I'll... I'll go with Tim."

Arnold nodded and turned. "All right. I'll check the basement. Carlos can check this floor and Tim, can you go to the third floor?"

Carlos stepped forward. "I would like to look in the basement, actually." When they all looked at him, he shrugged and said, "No reason. I just like the idea better."

"All right. Let's go then. If anyone finds anything, yell. Or... or... something." Arnold wrinkled his nose. Should it already smell bad in here? It's rank. That stench burned his eyes and he could feel a headache coming on. Rubbing his eyes hard seemed to help with both and he didn't even notice as the contacts fell out of his eyes. "Come on, Wanda. It smells bad in here."
LycanDope is offline   Reply With Quote