free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - The Giantess's Garden: Illustrated Story
View Single Post
Unread 05-23-2018   #1
a0040pc

The Giantess's Garden: Illustrated Story

Here the start of the latest illustrated story written by myself and art by Caiman2. Be sure to check his work out here.

https://caiman2.deviantart.com/

Night had fallen over the town of Dunlin and most people were asleep as they had busy mornings ahead of them. The village itself had been almost destroyed by a freak flood almost a century earlier but had since been rebuilt. It sat on the banks of a river which helped with trade and was an easy source of water for the townspeople.

Not everyone was asleep as there was one person in particular who was awake. His name was Liam and he wandered the streets looking for anything that he thought was edible. The only thing he owned was the clothes that he was wearing. He was a boy who was barely ten years old with short brown hair and green eyes. Six short months ago his life had been happy as he lived with his parents and had a stable life. But then his parents were both afflicted by an illness that no doctor could seemingly cure. Before he knew it, they were both dead and he was living by himself. Now his clothes were in tatters and he didn’t even have any shoes to call his own.

With no family members close by help him Liam had tried to make it on his own on the streets but he had found this to be incredibly difficult. He even had to resort to stealing food and coin which in the end forced him out of his hometown. His travels had led him to Dunlin where he hoped that things would be better. So far, he had been able to steal himself a loaf of bread but it wasn’t enough to keep him going.

Liam’s search for food led him to the outskirts of the town, an area that he had yet to explore. Where he had found himself was certainly different to the other parts of Dunlin. Before he had found this place, there had been wooden buildings with cobbled roads. A few of the buildings had been made with bricks but this was few and far between. Now he found himself in a small field with several plants growing. In the low light he could see flowers but most importantly there was some fruit and vegetables that were also growing in this field. Just on the edge of the field he could see a relatively large building but for the time being he paid no mind to it.

Instead Liam quickly made his way toward one of the tomato plants and picked a couple of tomatoes off of their vines. He wasn’t too big of a fan of tomatoes but he was so hungry that he simply didn’t care. Instead he took a bite out of them and he realised that it wasn’t ripe yet. The tomato was hard and it almost broke one of his teeth. Despite this he couldn’t help but continue to eat it.

One thing that he didn’t realise was that he was being noisier than he was supposed to be. The rustling of the leaves that he was causing did attract the attention of a particular person. Liam for the time being continued on with what he was doing. He was picking as much fruit and vegetables as he could carry. He hoped that it would last him some time, then he might come back again to pick some more.
He was too busy with what he was doing to notice that someone was standing not too far away from where he was. This figure had their arms crossed and looked down at him as he continued to pick his food. He did chuckle to himself as he thought that he was going to get
away freely.

“What are you doing?” asked a female voice. This caused Liam to stop what he was doing and turn to where he had heard the voice.
He looked up slightly as he expected to be looking at the face of an adult. However, he soon realised that he wasn’t looking up far enough. His neck was craning up and up as he his eyes continued to move upwards. After a few moments his eyes met the eyes of the woman standing a short distance away but her appearance shocked him greatly.

The moonlight shone on her white hair and her eyes were a sapphire blue. She was a very pretty woman and looked quite young, Liam guessed that she was in her mid-twenties. She wore a green dress along with a pair of matching low heels. These were not the most shocking parts of her appearance. It was her overall height, as he expected she was much taller than him but she was also more than twice as tall as the tallest person that he had ever seen. Her height was an incredibly fifteen feet and this caused him to drop the fruit and vegetables that he had stolen.

Liam took a step back and thought about running but he could see that she still had her arms crossed and she had a puzzled look on her face. She didn’t look angry or even aggressive at all, she was just curious. He had heard about giants from stories such as fairy tales but he thought that they were simply mythological creatures. The fact that there was one standing before him was almost too much for his mind to process.

“I’ll ask you again,” said the Giantess. Her tone was somewhat firm but still had a softness to it. “What are you doing?”

Liam tried to think about what he was going to say but with everything that was happening he couldn’t help but begin to cry. He went down to his knees and put his hands together, all he could do was hope that she wouldn’t hurt him.

“Please don’t hurt me,” cried Liam. “I didn’t know that they were yours. I’ll put them back I swear.”

“It’s alright, you don’t need to cry.” Her voice had become much softer and when he looked up he could see that she was crouching down and that she had a worried look on her face. “Please tell me your name.”

“L-Liam.” He wiped some of the tears from his eyes and whatever fear he felt had dissipated somewhat.

“Ok Liam, my name is Rina and I’m not going to hurt you. Do you understand?” She watched as he nodded and she gave him a pleasant smile. “Good, now can you tell me what you’re doing out here all by yourself in the middle of the night?” This time when she delivered the question it was much softer and made him feel at ease.

“I-I was hungry and these were here. I couldn’t help myself, I promise that I’ll pay you back for them.” He hadn’t gotten back to his feet yet but his tears were beginning to subside.

“Why are you hungry? Where are your parents?” She was beginning to piece together what was happening as she could see that Liam’s clothing was in tatters. Something that a parent wouldn’t likely allow to happen.

“My parents are dead ma’am, I’ve been trying to live by myself but, but.” He began to think of his parents and this caused him to cry again. He saw her expression change to that of worry. She held out her enormous hand to him.

“You know you shouldn’t be out here by yourself, why don’t you stop with me tonight? You can eat what you want and then I can take you to the proper authorities tomorrow, how does that sound to you?”

“G-Good.” He could only say this through his tears.

“Great, now let me help you up.” Liam grabbed onto one of Rina’s fingers and she helped him back up to his feet. He looked up to her again and he saw that she was smiling again. “Now that you’re up would you like me to carry you or would you like to walk?”

“I-I’ll walk.”

“Ok, now follow me. If you can’t keep up don’t hesitate to tell me.” She smiled again as he nodded his head.
With that Rina began to walk away. Liam wiped his tears away again and followed her. He had to move fairly quickly at first to catch her up but he saw that she was walking at a slower pace than she would normal walk. She wanted him to keep up and he didn’t know it at first but his life was changing for the better.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (777.7 KB, 519 views)