The Process Forum - View Single Post - Ludella Hahn Transformations
View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2015   #10
baxter1327
Process Fan

Re: Ludella Hahn Transformations

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudellaHahn View Post
Thanks for the feedback. As you've already recognized, since all my transformation clips thus far have been commissions, I'm following what someone else has commissioned me to do, so not everyone is going to enjoy the same things as the commissioner.

In regards to the let-down in the first one, could you be more specific? Criticisms are helpful if they're constructive, and though you said my clips since that one have been better, I'd still like to know what part of the first one was the issue so I can keep it in mind in future filming.

If it was just a matter of special fx, I suppose there's no going backwards anyway. I think the first werewolf clip was actually my very first time playing with those special fx, and since learning more, I've thought about going back and re-editing a couple of the first ones to bring them up in quality, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks for your input. Sorry you guys aren't a fan of Velma. I've been getting a lot of commissions for her. :P Feel free to let me know some of the character types you like to see.
In hopes of refreshing my memory on your first video's awfulness, I just searched for it and it isn't on my drive. Not surprising, as occasionally I don't feel a vid is worth the disk space it takes up so I don't save it. Haha I'm sure that sounds terrible to the artist, but don't take offense. The fact that I came back for the second, third, and fourth means I found something redeeming about you and your work. Some...most failed first timers don't get a second chance. In your case, I could tell by the quality of the vid (sounds, angles, light, overall cleanliness of the production) that you care about your product; and potential was there for better stuff in the future. I wasn't wrong.

In retrospect, I imagine a lot of what I didn't like about the first vid probably wasn't your fault, but likely the specifics set forth by the commissioner. Those of us who don't want to spend the money to commission a vid ourselves have to roll the dice on whether a vid is going to intersect much with our own respective interests within the TF fetish- whether it be situational/story line, or the elements of the TF itself. Hopefully both. That first vid just didn't jibe with me on most levels.

If memory serves, the TF was brought on by scientific potion ("Who keeps a secret formula in a coke bottle?!?" haha!). I prefer moon induced or anger TF.
The walking on all fours thing just seemed awkward and unnecessary to me. And the giantess part was completely irrelevant. I like growth in a TF, but giantess is a whole other thing IMO. (though in fairness I knew all this before buying...I was just hoping the TF would make up for it.)
And, yes, the TF FX were minimal and primitive. Akin to stop-motion as I recall. That pretty much put the final bullet in it for me.

So as you can tell from my own preferences above, your subsequent vids were much more in line with what I like, and your continual improvement in FX and TF acting (dare I say you did a knock out job in this last one) only adds to my appreciation of them. And as for the Velma thing, I'm fine with it; but the costume (big glasses, freckles, wig) cover up your own gorgeous face, so my vote is nay. though I understand final say goes to the commissioner.

Last edited by baxter1327; 02-24-2015 at 08:02 PM.
baxter1327 is offline   Reply With Quote